Corolla Build Up

i can get a hold of a pretty neat 77 corolla 4 door so I'm thinking this car could be my 1st rebuild project i got some great ideas but want to ask a few people 1st see what opinions and ideas you have i know it isnt a nissan though i do own a R33 but i didnt know to many toyota sites only toymods which i couldnt get my head around.

So these are my objectives for the car.

Street semi race track car = keep reliable and steady.

so i was looking at 1st putting a 16v or 20v in and replace the EFI with quads or twin carbs though thinking it woul use my NA choice of motor to full capacity with a Carbie on the side I'm guessing EFI is probley the BEST way to go also stuffing with dizzy and stuff to get the firing happenin.

Now i don't want anything with more then 4 cylinders i havnet checked with engineers to see how big i can go but i have also though about the 2700cc Hilux engine which is very strong and can be turboed without many hasles.

Now call me crazy but these are probley already been done and alotta info out there about them and that is good but i have come up with an even better more crazy idea......

EJ20 or 25 turbo with a custom bellhouse Gbox RWD it should fit np and actully should be shorter in length then then a 4AGE or 2.7lt i forgot th ename already.

this will give me awesome chasis balance of course i will have to do alot of mods like sump and stuff but what you guys think yes i am on a budget but this is a project over a few years what you guys think hit me up.

Or if you guys know of any good sites that canb help me please add links.

Members dont see this ad

Ok so a 20v or 4age variant woul dbe a better choice what about the 2TR-FE i think thast the engine 2700cc in the hilux i heard that is a really strong 4 cyl how would that motor go i want to be sure my brother is MR 20V the white sprinter with the blacktop 20V so i can get alotta help from him.

cars003.jpg

Edited by GORREALA