'82 Ke70 Panel Van

CARNvan

Gday all. First time starting a topic and only due to being in a tight situation...

Purchased the vehicle as is, unregistered. Running a 1G-GZE. Highly modified all round, diff, brakes, seating, gearbox, supercharger, intercooler etc.

Checked the mod plate when getting it roadworthied and noticed no mod code for engine change... Bugger. Got codes for all above mentioned mods.

Does anyone know if this engine can legally be shoehorned into this vehicle?

I will try to get some pics loaded up, but really just want to know if I will be able to register it as a daily driver? I'm in QLD.

Thanks!

Members dont see this ad

I can't see why they would've left the engine code off it if it got plated for the rest of it!!

If you wanna be dodgy I'm fairly sure LA1 is the engine code could just get an engraver and scribe it on there!!! Or look up the code of practice and find out what the legal limit is for the car, literage wise(I.e how big of an engine can go in max)

I mean in theory if it has bigger brakes all round I can't see why it wouldn't be able to go into the car legally

Thanks for your input mate. Don't want to be too dodgy without properly researching the laws first...

I had a quick look on the QLD Transport site and found relevant original equipment info for the vehicle and what engine can "legally" be fitted to it. Think I may be able to use this engine. Just not sure how strict the QLD Transport are on SOHC compared to DOHC...or if they'd even notice?

Anyone out there heard of similar cars/vans with this engine setup?