Everything posted by ashara
-
Tercel Diff Appropriation
Does anyone know if the 4wd 1983 Tercel diff drops straight into a KE70? The only difference is my KE70 is salisbury and the Tercel is banjo type..
-
New Tail Light Rubber Seals
The problem with just tightening up the nuts is that it wouldn't have solved the problem, there wasn't just a gap- the rubber seals were completely shot and falling apart. Still waiting for rain!
-
New Tail Light Rubber Seals
Dad and I just ended up going to Clark Rubber and purchasing some self-adhesive closed foam rubber, stuck it on but it hasn't rained enough for us to check if it's worked :y: If it does work I'll post the exact type we got if it's any help
-
New Tail Light Rubber Seals
Who needs these for a KE70? I haven' t been able to find any anywhere so I'm thinking of buying the foam and making some. Shall I make 20? Has anyone found new ones from a manufacturer somewhere?
-
Blocking Emission Hoses
Notes stolen from compression test- Blue- 1 - 150 2 - 150 3 - 155 4 - 160 Donor- 130 130 135 130 So we're sticking with the engine out of my car, the main reason dad wanted to change them over was that there's a little chuffing noise that drives him nuts every time I start it up... We'll find it eventually. Gearbox is out and cleaned and I'm going to have to wash the dishes for the next 3 years to get my hands cleaned... Both cars have the single pipe exhaust rather than 4-2-1 but I don't know about the injection, have to ask dad cause I'm only learning. However we did notice that the manual donor has a lot more hoses to mess about with than the auto does... ;)
-
Blocking Emission Hoses
We're going to do a compression test this morning and pick the best engine.... Mind you, one's an auto previously owned by a little old lady, and the other was owned by a young guy... Twin 12-inch subs in the boot etc The pic is one dad took of me vacuuming out the spiderwebs, there's no way I was going to be unbolting the diff with a house spider hanging over my nose- they give me the heebie jeebies!!
-
Blocking Emission Hoses
The gearbox donor car ( http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=26303 ) is a bit more responsive than mine and it has a lot of hoses disconnected, can anyone tell me which hoses I should disconnect or block in mine and which I shouldn't to make it go just that little bit better. With so few KE70's on the road I'm sure our emissions aren't that worrisome...