Sdma Hill Climb Event Reports

Trendact

Members dont see this ad

Well - Thomo and I didn't bend our cars - but we both had minor offs...

Almost wasn't allowed to race (which would have handed Thomo a 3rd place trophy) due to play in steering rack end and tie-rod on drivers side. After stern talking too and agreeing to get it fixed before next meet (don't forget the quote Thomo) I was allowed to race. Phew!

Previous best for me in the Rolla was a 57.44. First run had me pretty close to that time, second run I beat it by about .2 of a second (even though I very nearly put the car off at the last corner when I was a little too late on the brakes - trying to be a bit more aggressive). 3rd run saw me hit my goal of a 56 second run - a 56.33. 4th run was a little slower but still a 56 second run. Last run was a shocker as I tried to enter the track too fast and almost understeered into the embankment. Saved it just in time and completed the run but the time was way off.

Never got to see Thomo run as he was in the queue behind me. But the times were good considering it was his first meet and he was racing the bitsa KE55.

Thomo and I got beaten in class by a Gemini (Martin is getting around in 52-53 seconds and is a bloody good racer) and an MX5 (which I had pegged until the 4th run when he pulled out a 55 second run). I came third and Thomo fourth - with my Corolla driven by a mate coming in 5th (he only got in two runs before he had to go take his son to a footy game) and another Corolla came in 6th - young bloke in an AE82 single cam who did pretty good times for the car and his first time out.

A great day and a lot of fun. Think Thomo is hooked - and you have no excuse now Brett - we'll expect you out there next meet.

Cheers,

Todd

Edited by Toddski

and when did you learn to keep quiet brett????? haha

i had a blast hill climbing the old 55, flat spotted all 4 tyres and motors got a funny rattle now, think i posted a best time of 58.8

will try to get the 30 up and running for the next meet, seems a waste to have it sitting in the back yard and suffering the underpowered k motor in the 55

only hastle is the 30 will have to run type 3 class, only there for fun but getting handed my arse on a platter every month may get anoying

Brett - new project wouldn't have anything to do with a wanted ad on AllClassifieds would it?

And Thomo - a 58 in the KE55 is not bad at all - crappy tyres, shagged suspension and an engine with a fair few horses that have bolted. First time out in the AE82 I got a 58.69 - but that was with brand new tyres, shocks and springs. If the KE30 goes in Type 3 maybe I'll have to get some R Spec tyres, gut the interior of the AE82 and we can go head to head. 8-) At least we wouldn't be racing against Paul or that Clio - now that would be depressing.