Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Single Dcoe Weber Jetting

Featured Replies

G'day,

 

Can anyone give me a starting point for a single weber on a ported 3k with extractors? Choke and jets sizes?

 

Cheers

 

Mike

G'day,

 

Can anyone give me a starting point for a single weber on a ported 3k with extractors? Choke and jets sizes?

 

Cheers

 

Mike

 

what size weber.......assuming 40 dcoe

 

try this

 

idle 45f8

 

emlusion f15

 

main 125

 

air corrector 165

 

pumps 35

 

aux venturi 4.5

 

choke 32

 

soft pump spring

 

long pump rod

 

make sure you match port the manifold/ head if you are using a small port head.......you MUST not have a step or it will run like crap

 

old corolla bloke

  • Author
what size weber.......assuming 40 dcoe

 

try this

 

idle 45f8

 

emlusion f15

 

main 125

 

air corrector 165

 

pumps 35

 

aux venturi 4.5

 

choke 32

 

soft pump spring

 

long pump rod

 

make sure you match port the manifold/ head if you are using a small port head.......you MUST not have a step or it will run like crap

 

old corolla bloke

 

G'day old corolla bloke!

 

Thanks very much, that's pretty much what I was thinking, 32mm chokes, and around 130 main 180 correct, but I'll take experience over guesses! I also didn't know where to start with the idle jets.

 

If everything goes to plan I'll be picking up a 42 DCOE on the weekend. Odd size, but good deal, the only problem should be getting auxilaries and chokes, but I'm sure I can manage something.

 

I'm planning on doing a lot of work to make sure it breathes properly, so matching is definitely on the agenda.

 

What sort of setup did you run that weber setup on??

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Mike

G'day old corolla bloke!

 

Thanks very much, that's pretty much what I was thinking, 32mm chokes, and around 130 main 180 correct, but I'll take experience over guesses! I also didn't know where to start with the idle jets.

 

If everything goes to plan I'll be picking up a 42 DCOE on the weekend. Odd size, but good deal, the only problem should be getting auxilaries and chokes, but I'm sure I can manage something.

 

I'm planning on doing a lot of work to make sure it breathes properly, so matching is definitely on the agenda.

 

What sort of setup did you run that weber setup on??

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Mike

 

 

that is pretty much what Ive run on 3k /4k whith mild cams.............it may vary engine to engine a bit but should be drivable

 

you would be better off with twin but, due to the pulses that manifold creates it usually idles lumpy and quiet fast 1000/1100

twins are smoother and at 900

 

old corolla bloke

make sure you match port the manifold/ head if you are using a small port head.......you MUST not have a step or it will run like crap

 

if it is any thing like mine it will throw fuel out the other side of the carby on to the air cleaner :D not good

 

Chris

  • Author

It's a budget project, so I'm going to avoid twins for the moment. Thanks once again for the tips, sounds like it's exactly the starting point I need. Now to chase down jets.

 

Thanks

 

Mike

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.