2007 Rejex Rally

ancullen

Well, I thought I might start a thread specifically for the 2007 Rejex Rally so I can keep you all updated - not that I'll be able to post updates while I'm on the rally, but it's better than having this stuff lost amongst other stuff.

So far to be prepared for the rally I have to do the following:

Pack some clothes

Top up the oil in the Starlet

Finish editing and burn our soundtrack CD (it's a tradition, all right?)

Load our tent, sleeping gear, spare wheels/tyres, esky, etc into the ute support vehicle.

SLEEP!!!

While this isn't a huge list of things to do, the problem is that I finish work at 4.21 today, drive home from Casuarina to Palmerston, have a quick bite to eat, and start work at Coles at 5.30pm. I REALLY should have organised the night off. :o I finish at Coles at 10.30pm, so all of this stuff is going to have to be done after then. So it looks like I'll be up until about midnight getting this done - and I want to be at Mindil Beach by 8.30am at the latest, meaning a 6.30am start. Oh well, I'll survive I guess.

Also, this will be the last year for the Starlet on the Rejex Rally, for at least a couple of years. Originally the plan was to keep taking it for as long as it wins so that someone has a chance to beat it fair and square. I am pretty certain that we won't win this year anyway, but even in the (very) unlikely circumstance that we do manage to win, I will still put the car into retirement for a couple of years.

Next year we plan on taking a Celica. Originally this was to be the TA22, but with us now getting the ST205, who can resist taking that along??? :D The TA22 will be built up to be taken along at some point, but there now won't be the same rush. This will mean we can get it done properly, and have an extremely good shot at winning the 1960-1975 class. :)

Members dont see this ad

I am pretty shitty with all the good stuff that was on the car that has since been sold though - Whiteline swaybars, Cusco chassis brace (eliminates understeer), Blitz turbo (up to 380hp), Apexi PowerFC. Why couldn't the bloody seller leave all that on and sell me a car with 180kw at the wheels with instant tuning potential (thanks to the PowerFC)? :o

My thoughts exactly. :o

And I'm sure I'll be able to get an improved turbo for it later down the line. I would like to see it making 300+hp at the wheels. Especially after seeing a 600hp ST205 beat a 1050hp JZA80 Supra in a drag. 300hp at the wheels would be plenty for me, and should allow me to hose most cars. :D

Ooh - that got a reaction! :o Fair point though, I forgot about the bogging down. The KE55 will still take the MR2 though - it's WAY, WAY quicker than the black car. WAY quicker. And the ST205 better beat your MR2, otherwise I'll be MEGA pissed off.

Woo-hoo!!! Got home late last night - didn't want to stay in Hayes Creek as I hadn't been able to shower since Saturday morning. :yuck:

EXTREMELY happy with our results - we got second in our class (1991-Current) and third outright. Norman Millington came first in our class and first outright in the Lotus Exige, and Alex Newman got first in his class (1976-1990), and second outright in the mighty Gemini. Most important to me, I was honoured with the Celebrity Icon award, which is given to someone who stands out as a person whose results spectators ask about and whose runs people watch. I feel VERY honoured by this award and am touched that the organisers saw fit to bestow it upon me.