Ae86 Brake "backing Plates"

Hey guys, looking to purchase a JDM brake setup off ae86dc, but wanted to confirm a couple of points if possible:

1. will AE86 brake backing plates (ie the plate that bolts to the strut, and the caliper then bolts to) bolt on to a ke70 strut

2. are ADM AE86 backing plates the same as JDM backing plates?

Did some searches but didnt come up with anything too concrete. Thanks in advance :P

Members dont see this ad
Apparently you can just bolt up the JDM stuff to AE86 or AE71 panel van ADM struts.

ae86 struts and 71 panel van struts are the same thing. and jsut for conformation, the only thing different between adm and jdm 86 brakes are they rotars, the calipers and backing plates are identical. all of which bolts to ke70 or adm 86 or 71.

yeah, trying to source some ADM struts - just had a look and even the standard ADM ones are 234mmx38mm, compared to ke70 218mmx30mm, so it'd be some upgrade atleast until JDM setup is purchased :P

i have a pair of sprinter struts. i also have a vovlo 4 pot brake set up if your looking for better brakes. pm me, if you interested.

Edited by andro0o

ae86 struts and 71 panel van struts are the same thing. and jsut for conformation, the only thing different between adm and jdm 86 brakes are they rotars, the calipers and backing plates are identical. all of which bolts to ke70 or adm 86 or 71.

The JDM calipers are different to ADM calipers due to having clear the thicker vented rotor.

JDM rotors are 18mm thick compared to 12.5mm for ADM.