Ke11 Suspension/steering Q's

Mr_1200

Hey guys,

Just wondering if the pitman arm that repco stock for the ke10 is the same as for the ke11. I ask as there are differences i believe in other steering components in the models whether they are coarse/fine thread etc (Tie rods etc).

Also does anyone know where to buy a new front leave spring? The one that runs laterally across the front.

And when adjusting the sector gear on the worm drive in the steering box. Should it run smooth from lock to lock or ever so slightly be tight at the centre? I notice that the sector gear adjustment moves it up and down on the worm. And with it too far down it binds when going over the centre position.

What gear oil do you guys use in the steering box? The stuff that came out of mine was like redline gearbox oil!!

One last q.... i know whiteline sells sway bars front and rear for the ke10/11s but does it come as a full kit with mounts etc aswell or is it just the bar and you have to sort your own way of mounting it?

Cheers

Edited by Mr_1200

Members dont see this ad

No replies plenty of reading!

for what its worth i have answered a few questions myself.

The repco pitman arm is the same fits like a glove and retails for AUD$92.00. And it is the same for ke10/11 models :)

Havent sorted out if i can get a new transverse leaf but it will be done shortly

Adjustment of sector gear i did by feel. Basically set the sector at the centre then would test the outer limits for binding from lock to lock if it did bind in the centre id knock the adjustment up a bit till it had no binding. Worked a treat.

I used a SAE80W oil in the steering box as instructed by a few supension/steering places. I also have heard that you can use a grease/steering lube.

Whiteline sway bar kits come with all the goods to mount the bars and have end links aswell. can't get the bar in adjustable unfortunately.

Also... FULCRUM do front suspension bushes for where the control arms join, rear leaf spring bushes, and idler arm bushes.

Cheers

Edited by Mr_1200