Weber On My 38

hey all,

iv picked up a couple webers off ma mate, he only wanted $20 with 2 k series adapter plates and a redline air filter so i snapped them up haha

so anyways they both say they are 32/36 on the lil tags but one is way bigger, just wanted to know whats the difference and what would be the better one for my car, power wise i spose?

photos are a bit dodge as they are on my phone,

cheers, haydn

Edited by ke rollin 20

Members dont see this ad

:) :)

hey all,

iv picked up a couple webers off ma mate, he only wanted $20 with 2 k series adapter plates and a redline air filter so i snapped them up haha

so anyways they both say they are 32/36 on the lil tags but one is way bigger, just wanted to know whats the difference and what would be the better one for my car, power wise i spose?

photos are a bit dodge as they are on my phone,

cheers, haydn

Hmm, both look the same to me cept the top one has an automatic water choke,

one should be a 32/36 dgv the other should be a 32/36 dgav?? (not sure really... dg**)

i recommend using the one without the water choke (you can just take the water choke off orr leave it disconnected, and i believe you can change what type of choke it is, ie take off water choke and put on manual/electric choke)

otherwise the carbs should be identical (cept for choke sizes/venturis/jets/etc which you can change round between the two carbs you have)

cheers,

rob

just thought id add if you want to use the water choke just plumb it in line with the heater core (i think, the circuit that bypasses the thermostat anyway, I'm pretty sure its the heatercore... there might just be a hose thats just a U shape that bypasses the thermostat, use that if you got one)

i don't really like water chokes... all the 32/36s ive had ive removed the chokes entirely (shafts and buttefly) just takes a bit longer to start on a cold morning..

i reckon just use whichever one looks in the best nic and runs better

rob

ok thanks mate,

so there both the same but ones got the choke on it. hmmm so why wouldnt you want a choke??? wouldnt it be better so she starts easyer..?

so could i change the automatic choke on the weber to a manual choke because its got the manual choke in the car already???

haydn.

Edited by ke rollin 20

It can be a pain getting the chokes on these suckers to work nice, you ever see an XE Falcon trying to start on a cold morning........

I've found sometime getting these webers going on a cold morning is even harder with the choke than without!

Sidedrafts don't run them. Just pump a few times then hold it flat and it'll start.

you can get supercheap/repco to order you in the rectangular air filters for these, they come in two heights, the covers have different clips for the different heights,

i went to the redline webber website and they sent me a free catalog, although that was a few years ago and it took about 3 weeks, i can get you the part numbers for the filters if you want, just go to the parts desk and ask to have a quick look at the redline catalog (they usually haveone, sometimes they look at you a bit funny... I'm pretty sure theres a manual choke kit in there too.

it also has baseline jetting figures for some engines... havent looked at it for k stuff yet...

cheers,

rob

p.s. i MIGHT have an old filter assembly you can have for $10 bucks, i think my parents might have thrown it out though cos i left it in their garage (they threw out my black scorpion bush basher on me... bastards)

haha cheers mate,

ye iv got one of them redline rectangle air filter on there right now , looks nice and sounds good,

i just pulled the water pump of that other weber, it was a lil bit hard to get some of the bits of but i managed,

cheers, haydo

on my 626 it had a water choke carby with the housing taken of which leaves a little rod sticking out to use as a choke, or you have to tie it open because its springed to close.

i didnt see any filters in the pics, i though i might try to save you rooting your motor

cheers,

rob