Canberra Drift - Skid Pan Meet

seabiscuit

I'm wanting to organise a "drift" skid pan meet for us RollaClub members in the Canberra region (or for those willing to

drive the distance to come) at the Sutton Forest driver training centre near Queanbeyan.

We shall organise a meeting point, and cruise our way down to Sutton Forest at either 8am or 12:30pm, depending on

which session we book! When there, we will get our own skid pan, drift/driving trainer, who is a big help, and if we get

10+ members to come, a free BBQ and DVD of us at the end of the day. It's great fun and a chance for us Canberra

members to meet up and show off our rides.

The cost will be $110 each if we get 10+ members or $135 if we only get 8 members. I'm hoping for 10+ members.

You don't have to participate on the skid pan, but you can come along and watch for free! Post here if you're keen

to come along to the skid pan and we will try and organise a date in February. If we can't get enough

members, you can bring your friends.

The link is just a little discussion about my first experience at the skid pan.

Skid Pan!

Edited by seabiscuit

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
tried this before, you get takers then when you ask for the dollars they all back out. I think the guys that run the skid pan are sick of us by now, booking then canning it every time.

Haven't had ANY interest at all by the Canberrans as yet, so looks like it won't be happening anyway. :D

Haven't had ANY interest at all by the Canberrans as yet, so looks like it won't be happening anyway. :jamie:

Hey mate, we organised one last year (Justin from the CTC forum organised it) and it was great fun, we are organising another one for May, have a look here for details if you're interested in coming along:

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.p...86009post886009

If it's like the last one it'll fill up quick.

Cheers.

Hi guys, as expected the list for the skid pan day filled quickly and within hours of the date being confirmed the 10 spots were filled and money started coming in to secure spots.

Looks like there will be two KE's and an AE corolla in attendance and a variety of other cars. Come out and say g'day if you've got nothing on that day.

Keep and eye out for the next skid pan day and don't delay on getting your name down :P

• 2 months later...
Hi guys, as expected the list for the skid pan day filled quickly and within hours of the date being confirmed the 10 spots were filled and money started coming in to secure spots.

Looks like there will be two KE's and an AE corolla in attendance and a variety of other cars. Come out and say g'day if you've got nothing on that day.

Keep and eye out for the next skid pan day and don't delay on getting your name down :jamie:

Hi guys, I'm organising another skid pan day for Saturday 25 July in the afternoon, it'll kick off at around 12:45.

See this thread here for info and send me a PM if you wish to attend and I'll forward you the payment details.

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.p...0631#post940631

Cheers.