84 Ke70 Rolla- About A Grand To Spend... Help

nichy

Hey all

Ok so i have a 84 KE70 corolla. its on choped springs ( r31 springs in the rear) and has a weldy. also has a disk style filter.

5 speed ke box and a tacho dash.

now i have arond a Grand that i will have just to spend on my car ... and well ATM its a DOg to drive and understeres like a bitch.

so pretty much I'm going to list my few plans i have .... and i need to know if i am wrong in what i want to do... or any info on it.

Suzuki zook shocks in the front with stocko ke springs - is it front or rear shocks i need from the zook?

2.25' exhaust with NO cannon :D

upgrade manifold? no idea here

twin or upgraded single carby/webber... really need info or a link for this one.

Wheels to make it look fat

and i aslo have a 180sx i can steal shit off.... and i want the brakes on my car.... anyone have a link or info on doing this or anythink would help.

so thats what i have planned for it...

Thanks for the help guys

Nichy

Members dont see this ad

Exhaust 300 bucks

Manifold 150 bucks for a twin carb (sidedraft)

Twin Carbies, 1000 bucks to get them in and set up, dynoed etc

Single 32/36 weber, 400 bucks should get you one up and running

Wheels 200 bucks should do it + tyres will cost you another 500

No idea about your shocks.

Looks like you'll have to rationalise what you want most. Spending 1000 bucks on sidedrafts with a stock head/cam/exhaust headers will be pointless. I'd put a downdraft weber and get some extractors a bit of exhaust work with the 1000 bucks

Exhaust 300 bucks

Manifold 150 bucks for a twin carb (sidedraft)

Twin Carbies, 1000 bucks to get them in and set up, dynoed etc

Single 32/36 weber, 400 bucks should get you one up and running

Wheels 200 bucks should do it + tyres will cost you another 500

No idea about your shocks.

Looks like you'll have to rationalise what you want most. Spending 1000 bucks on sidedrafts with a stock head/cam/exhaust headers will be pointless. I'd put a downdraft weber and get some extractors a bit of exhaust work with the 1000 bucks

exhaust i can get a mate to weld up for me so thats about 150 for pipage

will try find an webber that needs a rebuild as i have the knolage and mate to rebuild it for free... just parts

cheers for the advise mate... will take it onboard and figure out what i need to do..

main aim is for it to handel allright... and spin second gear ha ha

Remove the locker and you remove the understeer. Springs and shocks aren't going to do much unless you run very aggresive front end settings. Even then it will still understeer to a degree.

Edited by Redwarf

Couple of idea's

*get a 32/36 weber jetted to the 4k- carby$free-$150, weber adapter plate-$50, jets $20, air cleaner-$depends what you want.

*extractors-$50-$200

*2" or 2.5" NO BIGGER exhaust-$80ish if you have a mate, $150 for shop to do it

*ae86 or corona xt130 front struts for bigger brakes and more variety for inserts. i.e adjustable, shorter stroke etc etc $depends on what you get with the package

*suzuki sierra rear shocks with about 6kg springs-shocks$120, springs-$50-$300

*xt130 lower control arms for a little bit of negatice camber-$50-$200

*heavier/bigger swaybars-$500-$600 for front and rear

*ae86 powersteering arms or if you have a welder cut your own. -ae86-$100-$250, cut and weld$free

*cam, valve springs and rebuild the head.-cam regrind-$90-$200, valve springs-$100-ish

*full service and check on the engine-$what ever it costs, it'l be worth it if you do it right

Thats just some estimates on prices and just some general idea's that i would do.

Cheers