Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just Bought A Ke17, Need Help

Featured Replies

Hello Everyone I am new to this group, I need help with my KE17

 

 

I just picked up a 1970 KE17 Sprinter with a Toyoglide slushbox. 38xxx original

miles on it. The original spare is still unused on this car!

 

I am in Whitby, Ontario, Canada. I heard there are only 1 or 2 KE17's in

Ontario.

 

See pics at

KE17 pics

 

Okay I need a few parts asap to get this running.

 

This car came with 4 wheel drum brakes so I will need 4 new wheel cylinders or

should I convert the fronts to disc. If I convert the fronts to disc what parts

do I need to make it work on this car and still use the original wheels. I

wanted to convert to a later KE2X with the 4 x 100 bold pattern can I do all 4

(front discs and rear drums)?

 

This car did not come with keys and I badly need keys and tumbler locks for the

doors, trunklid and gas cap lid and an ignition tumbler. I also need the

steering column cover for the ignition too which Toyota model uses the same

covers, tumbler and ignition locks?? These are top mounted ones. Pls check my pictures.

 

The hood cable is broken and I cannot open the hood for now. How co I open it

without the cable? From the front? or from the inside?

 

 

The car is not bad for it's age and considering it is in a rust belt area where

salt is used in the winter to melt the snow.

 

The interior is in very good condition. The only rip is on the back seat just on

the top.

 

The body needs some work there is rust on a portion of the rocker panel on the

driver's side and front fender. Can you still get fenders for this car?

 

The car originally came it that yellowish beige color. Since I am having this

car repainted I was thinking about changing the color to red using an original

factory color of Helios Red T-1507, is this a period correct color for this car?

I got this color from a paint shop here as they had an old paint book chart

there.

 

A friend of mine with an old TA22 told to paint it the original paint but I

really don't like that color and this car will stand out better in red.

 

Now I have checked the FAQ and I could use a T50 5 speed on the 3k engine with

an adaptor plate and I don't need to widen the tunnel. The only thing I need to

do this conversion is the Clutch pedal and ancilliaries and the clutch cable?

I'll do this conversion maybe later. The slush should be good for a bit. I do

have to change the tranny fluid on this 39 year old car with 38K miles on it or

not?

 

I will need new rubber gaskets I check in ebay and you can still get the ones

for the doors, trunklids, windshield and back glass. What about the windows on

the doors and the rear quarter windows can you still get them new?

 

 

One more thing I need a gauge that has the tachometer. Anyone here has one for

sale?

 

 

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by dapbmw

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.