Ae92 4-afe Exhaust

sus016

got a 4-afe jst had 4-2-1 ectractors put on due to a hole in the front pipe and crack in manifold. but I'm wondering what i should do for the rest of the system as to sound good but not b over loud or drowning. do i go resi and muffler but 2 or 2.5 inch, or jsut resi n cannon, or just rear muffler n 2 inch. open to anyideas or sustions and adivce. thanks

Members dont see this ad
got a 4-afe jst had 4-2-1 ectractors put on due to a hole in the front pipe and crack in manifold. but I'm wondering what i should do for the rest of the system as to sound good but not b over loud or drowning. do i go resi and muffler but 2 or 2.5 inch, or jsut resi n cannon, or just rear muffler n 2 inch. open to anyideas or sustions and adivce. thanks

Hmm well i had a completely stock system on my 4afe Ae92, but i took it to an exhaust place near me that we had some done, i got a full 2.5 inch exhaust fitted from the cat back with a resi and muffler and its PERFECT. From the outside, when it starts up and cold its pretty beefy, but then it calms down and idles deep and sounds smooth but not loud and drowning. When u rev it u get a deeper rev noise than normal. From inside its very good. You can hear everything, the noise isnt overpowering. I think the biggest change in noise since i got it was inside, it just sounds so much better inside!

My advice would be 2.5 resi and muffler. I hate the sound of canons personally, and i think a resi is necessary so it kills the droaning.

hope that made sense

Hmm well i had a completely stock system on my 4afe Ae92, but i took it to an exhaust place near me that we had some done, i got a full 2.5 inch exhaust fitted from the cat back with a resi and muffler and its PERFECT. From the outside, when it starts up and cold its pretty beefy, but then it calms down and idles deep and sounds smooth but not loud and drowning. When u rev it u get a deeper rev noise than normal. From inside its very good. You can hear everything, the noise isnt overpowering. I think the biggest change in noise since i got it was inside, it just sounds so much better inside!

My advice would be 2.5 resi and muffler. I hate the sound of canons personally, and i think a resi is necessary so it kills the droaning.

hope that made sense

u ever been hasseled by cops or defected for it bein too loud? d/w i dun like cannons either

u ever been hasseled by cops or defected for it bein too loud? d/w i dun like cannons either

Well its not loud enough to be pulled over by the cops. Its hard to explain exhaust noises in word form hahah! Its louder than normal. Do you like loud exhausts that get people looking at you or are u just looking for it to sound a little sportier?

Well its not loud enough to be pulled over by the cops. Its hard to explain exhaust noises in word form hahah! Its louder than normal. Do you like loud exhausts that get people looking at you or are u just looking for it to sound a little sportier?

i want it to sound good, not too loud but also get peoples attention, lol

Hmm i see then! Well i would highly recommend the 2.5 inch pipe....but as far as i know, if you take out the resi in any car, thats what makes it LOUD because the function of the resi is to resonate the waves to a certain extent and kill some off i think (very technical talk there). But I'm sure someone will be able to correct me. So id say, yes have a resi