Matts Snowy Ae82

skibum

Hi all,

I've been trolling around on here for a while now and rarely posted. I thought I'd take the opportunity to throw my hat in the ring and say G'day.

I've been the owner of this 1986 CSX Seca for over 7 years now and it's seen a lot of great days and some pretty ordinary days. Bought it for $1800 and have been tinkering with it ever since. It's had a replacement motor put in it after a month of eating 20W/50 and then 3 years later a head rebuild with all new gaskets and belts. Most of the work that gets done to it is by me.

Apart from the colour, the dents, scratches, little bit of rust, and days of outright painfulness I do love it and look after it.

I'm running out of things to replace in it, new brakes, suspension, engine, leads, clutch hydralics, radiator, exhaust, tint, steering wheel, roof racks for the skis, driving lights .....

It lives in a shed for 6 months of the year when I am overseas working. Usually come home, reconnect the battery, squeeze the throttle a few times and it fires right up. Gotta love it. Then a long trip from Brissy to the Snowy Mountains followed by 4 months of sporadic use while I leave it in the cold and snow. Yet it still lives... ! Torture for cars and the Toyota cannot die. It's left me stranded on the odd occasion, but 95% of it has been fixable with minimal fuss on the side of the road with a bit of tenacity. Thankfully I've ironed out so many bugs that I'm running out of them.

I've drowned the thing in sound with an Alpine Deck, 2 sets of splits in the front and rear, a 12 inch Kicker Sub in a sealed box powered by an Alpine amp. It does sound good.

Been looking at an engine swap with some big brakes of late. Just need the time to do it. Might have to leave it brown and stock looking just to add to the surprise when that new motor goes in.

So there you have it. Another Corolla fan, albeit a reluctant one at first after the death of my previous ride. But it's funny how I poured big bucks into that car only to have a big accident and then enjoy such a simple, no second look Rolla.

:)

Cheers for all the great info on here guys and girls, keep it up

Matt

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

Edited by skibum

Members dont see this ad
  • 7 months later...

My Seca just got a new younger brother. AE93 1993 SX Series 2. It's a tough one but the AE82 shall be going to a new home shortly. Be up for sale very soon no doubt. Hopefully find a loving home for it

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

Well, I'm from Brissy, I work 6 months of the year in the USA, come home, get my car and my gear and a month later drive to NSW for the ski season, hence the snow pics, work there for 4 months, drive back home to Qld, have a month off and then repeat. Car spends 6 months of the year locked up in a garage.