72 Ta12 Turbo 2rz Carina

dominicaneddy

I thought I posted my build but can't seem to find it maybe its the fact that I don't know were to post it because thier is no "toyota other" catergory for it lol incase one did not know I have a 1972 Toyota Carina and it is a mix cross breed of a corolla and celica, celica chassis and corolla engine and drive train so be prepared this is long here we go!! Thanks to all that has help along the way with your knowledge, tips, info and posive feedbacks!!

May 13, 2008

Car came from down south 44,000 miles orginal, I even have the original title,sales tag,& all paperwork/history. With the help of great friends (Morales Auto Care, Old School Toyota Car Club & If I forgot to mention anybody I am sorry). Here are some pics of when I recived her and the work that is in progress, Hope you like and as always your feedback is apreciated. Shout outs to Morales Auto Care & OSTCBPT

when I recived her

69kh1h.jpg

rw05jl.jpg

2v1u1jm.jpg

w0gpar.jpg

2rvzmma.jpg

Members dont see this ad

May 15, 2008

last finishing touches, wrapped all wires/cables,lines. I know it's bootleg but does the job, thankgod for aluminum foil, tape and plastic bags.

20p20hu.jpg

needed to inspect the car thoroughly for more rust or any hidden surprises.not as bad as I thought.

2cnvcm0.jpg

112e4xk.jpg

2naipvm.jpg

2ujpkyr.jpg

removed all seats, its like no one ever sat in the back you can see the plastic that covers the seat when it come of the assembly line, floors are nice and solid, it's amazing what kind of condition this car is in.

350j7rs.jpg

2r7xe9z.jpg

vdol11.jpg

sliding ragtop/sunroof

kcenm.jpg

May 27, 2008

had a little time to kill...thought I'd post some pics and keep this thread alive alittle...nothing big but good to keep in mind and for my online record/log...

polished the sh-t out of the headlight trims etc..made the mistake of not taking before shots now I learned my lesson..belive me these lights looked light crap..Macho can vouch..Macho look ;D

2movyuu.jpg

got some stuff in the mail today..courtesy of euroexports..Thanks Juan

zxtjjb.jpg

sand blasted a couple of parts at my boys bodyshop..then primed and repainted at my house..

eqnn12.jpg

2qtl4za.jpg

10iba1h.jpg

my little hanging drying rack ;D

2cgnh1e.jpg

May 28, 2008

came from the shop (Morales Auto Care) and picked up some more stuff to get ready here are some more pics but with BEFORE and AFTER shots this time :dance: you see I learned...Cheito show your dad these pics..lol I bought that thing and look at the results. ;D

oil pan before

xerfhe.jpg

oil pan after

288s3mh.jpg

before ac compressor with lines...look at all the rust espically the lines/fittings..

2mx1sll.jpg

after look no rust, now all it needs is paint.

34zgizm.jpg

a0fpsi.jpg

can't belive how nice they came out.

2d6l8r5.jpg

not that big of a deal but its big to me because both my boys helped me with this, so I am proud.

May 31, 2008

just picked these from powder coating..what do you think, I think they came out really nice, you have to see it when the light hits it :dance:

70e6ah.jpg

June 03, 2008

Went to the body shop to see how things are going, alittle slow but good things come to those that wait, plus its not good to rush.

33fdu7n.jpg

27xqgkj.jpg

t5h8ya.jpg

2qn7inn.jpg

mju5hx.jpg

s44779.jpg

a.c compressor painted, pully will painted diffrent color

2lbcs39.jpg

sanded and started to paint the twin cam rear end that will go onto the carina :(

35coghi.jpg

June 04, 2008

almost finished the rear. clean and repainted the brake lines..almost look like new..thought I'd paint the caliper red to see how it would look..I don't know...what do you think... :y: really aint feeling it..I think I will paint silver..

2lihhlt.jpg

ic1yc4.jpg

June 08, 2008

Got these today,Thanks to Feracing

15wfpyf.jpg

parts are coming slowly but will come out nicely once completed :dance:

June 09, 2008

went back to the body shop to see how things are coming along etc..

sx2jvl.jpg

2akihx3.jpg

120go6o.jpg

2qu2aft.jpg

166nqs1.jpg

2yo7h3t.jpg

10rnu5i.jpg

sanded the insides of the bumpers and applied rust converter as well as painted the bumper brackets

ehx5li.jpg

14lr0xi.jpg

zk65ae.jpg

polished the bumpers alittle bit will do it agin tomorow during the day to take better lookin pics

they are nice...but they sort of look like my old konig rewinds/fake panasport... :dance: but again they are nice..would look sick with the gold in the center..but I need something to go with chrome bumpers and trims :y:

como they say bling bling baby :(

June 11, 2008

these came as well...

new pedal pads

sfw8dl.jpg

June 13, 2008

I gotta thank pocket rocket for the best info and hook up on my new seats...again I owe you...and we all know I searched all over the planet for this :) take a look tell me what you think..this guy is on point and here is the proof!! big thanks to Peter from New Haven Auto Interiors. Thank you so much.

j76fjo.jpg

28a4zdh.jpg

June 20, 2008

Got this in today as well...used but fine by me.. :(

aku553.jpg

before shot of grill emblem

16gl4s4.jpg

wifey took a pic of me polishing it

opoh0j.jpg

and the result

125js7q.jpg

June 23, 2008

this came in today in the mail to complete my MSD set up..

jb01w1.jpg

also went to the shop..helped sand down the engine bay alittle...

2psgg38.jpg

tryd the wheels again with the car lowered...I have a lot of room to play with, they do fit after all.. :dance:

2qxw2yo.jpg

2ylwvep.jpg

ajnwpl.jpg

put my 2boys in the trunk and also had some help holdin her down to see how she looks alittle lowered, not that bad at all..what do you think.

3166b5v.jpg

30utncz.jpg

June 26 2008

I have a cousin that works at bmw dealer ship body shop..and got hooked up with these off a 2007 model..

nnr29k.jpg

He knew that I was going to install H.I.Ds on my car..so I removed the kits off them and installed on my ebay H4 6024 lights what do you think..

20rpc7p.jpg

body shop called they can't match the paint to be exact :dance: but they did come close with another color I really liked it, they are shooting it this weekend I have my fingers crossed :roll:

they primed the engine bay

a23lh4.jpg

then sprayed under coating after sand blasting the frame were the fenders sit on and fornt end as well.

2vc6hdv.jpg

2afd6bd.jpg

1zqzskj.jpg

June 28, 2008

no doubt... :dance: in deed I did, but its not in the greatest condition, that is gonna be my winter project :y:

removed the paint off radiator

hwizio.jpg

and then polished it..will do some more again in the a.m.

fp05s1.jpg

I also need to repaint the black parts after polishing.

June 28 2008

came from the body shop again...great news take alook..

33uq0yx.jpg

212xzlv.jpg

xcoifm.jpg

25i0sk9.jpg

vosf9v.jpg

255thkj.jpg

30mpv5y.jpg

111jlo0.jpg

kb1zxc.jpg

i792yq.jpg

sl65tv.jpg

eqwkjp.jpg

June 30 2008

bad news but not that serious...just a little bump stop that had to be dealt with...although thoughtful, the body shop took it upon them selves to leave engine bay original to match the trunk..I of course did not like the color but loved the new color so I decided to spray engine bay the same color as the outside as well as trunk..so there we have it car is completely one custom color..take alook and I am sure that you will agree with our decision.

engine bay in process of new color

sb0osy.jpg

the new color

qnmuk3.jpg

o7kff7.jpg

2eogpx5.jpg

trunk in process of new color to match also, I like and admire the fact that they are detailed, masking job is crazy on point.

2em3n06.jpg

had to bring in some muscle to influence my decision (wifey in the background for inspection and defense) :dance:

1z5izjn.jpg

July 2 2008

finally have her home..started to put her back together, at the same time adding a few things here and there such as power antenna.

2wgypub.jpg

also take look how the trunk came out...they did a really good job masking and detail. I am going to paint the tank like new. and whatever else that needs to be touched up or repainted.

1gn3o7.jpg

July 24 2008

I am a happy man right now got some more parts in today...

adjustable cam gear

54yk3q.jpg

teflon wrapped stainless steel brake lines

f0au1c.jpg

July 26 2008

killed some time so I put the wheels on still high due to no motor

also cleaned up the top with vinylex little expensive but well worth it. take a look what do you think.

260enq0.jpg

fmm88h.jpg

21jokqq.jpg

3024aw8.jpg

26067va.jpg