Toyota Seca Sx - 4age Engine

rolla83

Guys, can you please tell me where the fuel pump is located in a 90 seca sx, 4AGE engine. ive lifted the rear seat and removed the sender however the manal says that it should have a sender/fuel pump together.

I jacked the passenger rear up and looked, cannot easily see an external pump, is it easier to remove the tank?

Thanks.

post-2115-1264863366_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
Guys, can you please tell me where the fuel pump is located in a 90 seca sx, 4AGE engine. ive lifted the rear seat and removed the sender however the manal says that it should have a sender/fuel pump together.

I jacked the passenger rear up and looked, cannot easily see an external pump, is it easier to remove the tank?

Thanks.

When I replaced the pump in mine the sender came out first and the pump was inside the tank it was easier to remove the tank from memory, hope this helps.

Internal pumps rock! Except when they stop working & you have to yank out the tank to get to them :-( would've been handy to have an access hole under the rear seats but *sigh* While you've got the pump out grab a torch & have a look inside for any crud that may have made its way into the tank & also the factory anti surge setup,works quite well until you throw a high hp application at it :-) If it makes you feel any better the ae82's have a seperate sender & pump also.

Well i got the tank out and the pump is rooooted, yep i see the anti surge, its a plastic mold around the pump, couldnt see how the fuel gets through it??!! I'm happy with the aftermarket pump it fits quite well and came with all the hoses and clamps i need. They make an access hole for the sender but not the pump!!

Hopefully she runs today!

Internal pumps rock! Except when they stop working & you have to yank out the tank to get to them :-( would've been handy to have an access hole under the rear seats but *sigh* While you've got the pump out grab a torch & have a look inside for any crud that may have made its way into the tank & also the factory anti surge setup,works quite well until you throw a high hp application at it :-) If it makes you feel any better the ae82's have a seperate sender & pump also.
Edited by rolla83