Ke55 4age 20v Mounts

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

If your able to make them yourself then you shouldn't really need the measurements. The easiest and smartest way for you to get these done wound be to make or have made plates that are the same as A series mounts on the block side and K series mounts that are the same on the engine mount side (I hope that made sense?), bolt these in there respective places then lower the engine to where you want it, measure up the area between your new plates and make up the difference in steel, tack them in place and bobs your Aunty.

Of course you have to make it neat, weld them properly and make a gearbox cross member but that's the basic idea of custom mounts.

The last set I did I made the gearbox crossmember first with everything where I wanted it, this gave me my locating point to start the engine mounts. This way I could shift the engine around until it cleared EVERYTHING nicely and gave me the correct tailshaft angle etc.

If you able to do it yourself then you probably know it's easier than it's made out to be, just get a proffesional welder to tig it up and get a detailed reciept, will cover you if you are getting it engineered.

Sorry for the long post, wasn't something I could do in 20 words :wink:

JP