Carburetted 4ag Into Ae92 Seca Cs

GJM85

I currently own a 1990 AE92 Seca CS. Its a 4A-FC motor and therefore a carburettor based model.

I'm coming into a shite load of cash in the next month or two from a car accident I was in 2 years ago and will have more than enough dollars to do what I want to my little road rat. I want to convert to the AGE....

Now a cousin used to own a black sillyca fastback, powered by an 18RG, fed by twin sidedraft Solex's. Yummy! It made me sweat like a pedo at a wiggles concert.

I am interested in a carbi fed 4A-G motor but am unsure of what phase motor, gearbox, lume I need and if it's even possible. I'm not the sort of person that needs the most and best power out of an engine. I just want power when I need it, reliability and maybe a lot more power when I need it.

I expect people will say, "just go injection!!!" I will if its less work than a carbed AGE in an already carbed car.

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, any fwd 4age will bolt in using your gearbox, but don't expect your gearbox to last long. Carby issues: they won't be cheap, it won't be legal and you have to modify the 4age ignition as its part of the EFI system. Loom could probably get away with using the 4afc loom with carbs. EFI is not that hard to do. The wiring is a pain in the arse, but the fuel system is not hard to set up - lift pump, surge tank, efi pump, existing metal fuel lines with EFI rubber hoses. I would probably weld the brace to the firewall, would be stronger than drilling and tapping the thin fire wall. I seem to remember Twincams had nuts welded in behind the firewall for the brace to bolt onto, but I might be wrong.

I seem to remember Twincams had nuts welded in behind the firewall for the brace to bolt onto, but I might be wrong.

Yeah apparently the CS model wasn't preped for the strutbrace...

The main concern i have with carbed engine is the available space for a set of webers.... Should set up a down draft rig and used a big wrx scoop.