Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

K Series Carb

Featured Replies

I dumbly brought a set of emission Dellortos Dhlas a while ago this was before I knew there was two types of dhlas. Lets just say I wasn't too happy that I learnt about there being two types of dhlas after I brought them and Ive course I had to buy the wrong kind :)

Appertaley the problem with emission dhlas is that their harder to tune for smaller engines like ours.

 

BULL..... SHIT.

 

I had to make the call. That website is good, they guy has gone into loads and loads of really long and painful details..... Fantastic.

 

I'm running DHLA-F's (Maybe G's) and honestly the things drive great, much better than I expected when I built the motor. It makes good power for a 1500 and goes like stink.

 

Get a a good tuner who know's dellorto's to tune it and you'll be fine. Stick with the ones you've got.

 

 

 

Two of my observations regarding the internet:

 

1. Carby discussion is FULL of people telling you why this sidedraft is no good vs that sidedraft. BUT you go up to any hillclimb/track day/motorkhana and oddly enough, there's people with ALL types of carby (Dells, Webers, Solex's) spanking it round the track.

 

2. American forums are the worst for over academic bullshit. (although we all like to get overacademic at times.... haha)

Agree 100% with Philbey.

 

I took mine to a guy with like 30 years of rallying experience to set up, and they are f@$king amazing. From what he told me, the only major difference was something to do with the air bleeds for the jets. One being a fixed size which is too big for a small capacity engine, but this is easily fixed with the use of some small reduces or something. (Can't remember the details). Basically any type will do the job fine, but like anything, it is ALL in the tuning and setup.

 

Also, don't skimp in the tuning. Expect it to cost $500-$800 atleast.

Edited by bLinded_

The main thing I noticed is the balancing. On the early dellorto's there is a bleed screw on the carb that allows you to balance one throat against the other throat, which means you can actually balance all 4 throats. On mine though those ports are blanked out of the casting so you can only balance carb against carb.

 

The later models obviously corrected the need for it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.