Power Steering Ke70

the_van_can

OK guys, So I know it has been asked before, i have done many hours of searching

and I have found some information regarding power steering into a ke70 (with 4age I might add).

I've got questions below

ok so

Use : Around town, bit of fun

Why : Why not, let me know what you guys think for around town, and a bit of fun

Parts needed for easiest installation

1. JDM AE86 Cross Member with Power Steering Rack with Control arms

2. Power Steering Arm knuckles.

3. Power Steering Pump

4. Resivior

5. Custom Lines

6. Possibly AE71 steering column??? are they interchangeable????

Possible Problems

1. To use the control arms I've herd u basically need ae86 gear up front, I'm sure

you could just use different control arms???.

2. Steering column may need to be changed/modified

The difference with the column is the short shaft in the end with the spline on it,

The Power steering version is about 40mm or so shorter to accommodate the valve block

on-top of the rack. the AE71 and AE86 parts do interchange

The D bush on the bodies are identical but the round one is different as the Outer Diameter of the

Power Steering version is alot bigger, about 50mm compared to the non Power Steering one being around 35mm.

I have read that ae71 columns are same to ae86, does that mean ke70's are the same????

2. A little confused with this piece of information because I don't know which car this applies to:

JDM T50 and ADM T50 have different bell housing and have the slave cylinder on different sides.

Clearances between the clutch slave behind too close to the power steering rack and pinion connecting

to the steering column entry. I know this is an issue when you use an a ke70/ae71 manual crossmember

and modify it to suite power steering. The second issue is even if you get it to clear when the engine does

minor tilts in the high rpm range its gonna move to the right a bit hitting stuff.

3. This isn't a problem but I need more info on basic install of a pump on the 4a, I assume this is easy as just use a regular

available fwd pump of an ae82/92 or something. Where does it bolt up, how close to things does it sit?

4agze make things tight fit?

Installation Process as I assume and have read elsewhere.

1. Remove Old Cross Member, Bolt up the Power Steering Cross Member

2. Heat lower section of column to soften the rubber and pull out the splined section, while still warm push in the shorter Power Steering version.

3. Hook up custom Power Steering lines from -6 teflon braid and fittings (for the high pressure line) - simplest solution

4. Mount resiviour and cooler

5. Bleed system and adjust toe angles to suit.

information plagiarised from other peoples posts - real roadrunner on toyomods. - thanks for the info

Members dont see this ad