Ztoy'S Ke70

ztoy

Hi everyone. I thought Id say G'day and show you a pic of my KE70. I purchased this car as a rolling shell (barely) and am doing it up for track work. I have been racing my other toy car a z32 300zx and have decided that its too heavy an too expensive to get to go any faster. I picked up this shell for $100 with the suspension points modified to run s13 coilovers. The plan is to fit a sr20det with crossmember and an R31 lsd diff. (at this point):P

Pic doesnt show much but the body deadening has already started to be removed and I picked up the perspex to replace all the side window glass.

1d453cff.jpg

Here is a mold that I am making for fiberglass and carbon fiber bonnets for flat fronts.

34a860db.jpg

I will be producing these when the mold is finished if anyone is interested in one.

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

That'll be fun to drive, whats it gonna be used for - hill climbs, sliding, time trials, drag, circut work? I'd be quite interested in one of those flat front fiberglass bonnet moulds once you have sorted it out :D

It will be a bit of an all-rounder. It will be primarily be set up for the TopGear Sprint series that is at QLD raceway and Lakeside, but I do like to go and have a slide every now and again so It will also be used for drift work :P

Ill start a thread about the bonnets when production starts.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay I finally got some front doors. Looking more and more like a real car again.

a0d49356.jpg

Got stuck into removing the guts from the doors to lose some weight. I removed glass, inside metal and side intrusion metal. Door is nice and light now. Car will have full cage with side intrusion protection. Door will be skinned with .8mm alluminium sheeting.

6e694ded.jpg

I have removed half the body deadening from the floor. So far I'm up to 4kg. I estimate with all the deadener on the floor and the firewall it will be 10kg

• 4 weeks later...