New Owner From Hobart

snotyellowke55

Hey Tassie crew!

Just bought a KE55 today for a modest sum of $800 with 4 months rego - 4 door sedan in classic KE30 through 55 snot yellow colour (hence my username), some fully sick signature rear guard rust (common problem?), some jellybean rims, 162,000kms on the clock (questionable), a overrated interior and solid 4 speed with plenty of meat left on the clutch - my perfect recipe for a daily driver. Also currently has LHF guard sits in primer at present also - gives it some JDM flavour, haha. Car runs a bit hot at times (gauge reading between half and slightly above 3/4 unless heater is cranked). Old owner thought it was dodgy thermostat but problem existed before thermo was replaced, so I figure the radiator is plugged full of cr@p. Plan to give it a chemical flush, reverse flush via. thermo housing, and remove the core and flush it upside down. Water pump seems fine, but havent been able to inspect core closely (picked up tonight). I thought head gasket before purchase but car runs too well to even hint at that.

Was bought as a daily, but now I just want to mod. Plans at present are to lower it, fix the rear fender rust (and possibly consider some bolt on flares if problem can't be fixed), tint the windows, VHT vinyl dye carpets / door trims matte black, and seats tan, source some KE30 tails, and install the fender mirrors I just bought for it. I was considering a KE30 front end conversion but the late model square headlights have grown on me. A bosozoku style exhaust is also on the cards, but don't want to attract too much attention from the po-po (My JZZ30 Soarer does that enough, hence the need for a daily).

Look forward to learning about these cars and tidying it up / modding it JDM retro style. Will chuck some pics up tomorrow when its daylight

• 3 months later...
Members dont see this ad