Worth Working A 4Afe Or Get Rid Of It

trentae92

hi i have a ae92 corolla hatch csi 4afe with pod filter and removed muffler is it worth putting a cam in it or turbo it extractors 2.5 exhaust or just getting rid of it or selling it and getting a sx 4age atm i get to a hundred in bout 9.5 sec how much faster is a sx 4age or is it cheaper to do a engine conversion ?????? ne info or feedback would be great thanks

Members dont see this ad

hi i have a ae92 corolla hatch csi 4afe with pod filter and removed muffler is it worth putting a cam in it or turbo it extractors 2.5 exhaust or just getting rid of it or selling it and getting a sx 4age atm i get to a hundred in bout 9.5 sec how much faster is a sx 4age or is it cheaper to do a engine conversion ?????? ne info or feedback would be great thanks

thanks mate any more feedback would be good

Edited by trentae92

Hi Trent, welcome to rollaclub.

I have recently bought an ae92 hatch back 5 speed with the 4afe so your questions have

generated some looking for me to do. But i like things standard :blush:

So are you running any muffler at the back at all?? As running even a small capacity

muffler may be able create a little bit of back pressure for some more oomph.

In my opinion, with or with out the pod wouldnt make a bigger difference of a 4afe.

Maybe the sound factor though.

Provided the runs are consistant and accurate, i.e correct size wheels and tyres and getting a passneger to clock the speeds would establish a real performance time.

But really 9.5 secs from a 4afe with a pod and no muffler is preety damn good as an SX 4age seca does it 9.38 secs.

One from my collection.

zsx.jpg

Depends wholey on the application and the finace at hand. I'f its your first car and your looking for fast and furious action..... considcer your options. LKnowledge up or F-off! I'm sick of one timers. Mummy and Daddy bought you a good, reliable, affordable car. If your going to abuse that by ricing the shit out of it, then above applies to you.

Otherwise, respect the corolla & learn much about it. Realise there is more to a car than going fatally fast and killing your closest friends.

Peace out!

4afc owners

Edited by GJM85

i have ported my 4afe head,

have a cam lined up

am fitting 4age valve springs

possibly itb's

and a haltech ecu

i am only bothering with the head for now

only reason i can afford this is because i am doing 90 percent of the work myself.

so the costs are low

if you can't do much of the work yourself

don't even bother.

you will have an engine that will end up costing more than having a 4age installed tuned and mildly modified.

pm me if you need more info on my build.

i have ported my 4afe head,

have a cam lined up

am fitting 4age valve springs

possibly itb's

and a haltech ecu

i am only bothering with the head for now

only reason i can afford this is because i am doing 90 percent of the work myself.

so the costs are low

if you can't do much of the work yourself

don't even bother.

you will have an engine that will end up costing more than having a 4age installed tuned and mildly modified.

pm me if you need more info on my build.

got some more info mate how good does it go with the cam how much difference and so on have u just done the porting ? did u port the manifolds ?

haven't installed as yet

porting is hand done and am using a 2001 4afe manifold or will have one made up from one of my fabricator mates.

if you are going to try porting be prepared for it to take hours and hours

and acid dip or clean in a bath of degreaser before going ahead makes life alot easier.

if you are able to go turbo do so i cannot because of the new rules

but will be going turbo in the future so i am leaving the block stock for the time being

and working the head to be effective as both a n/a and a forced induction head

thus the cam is mild

.8 mm copper head gasket to slightly raise comp.

it is a work in process but when it is done i will post the whole build

where to get parts and how to install them etc and a dyno sheet showing results

best of luck with it mate.

Harry

haven't installed as yet

porting is hand done and am using a 2001 4afe manifold or will have one made up from one of my fabricator mates.

if you are going to try porting be prepared for it to take hours and hours

and acid dip or clean in a bath of degreaser before going ahead makes life alot easier.

if you are able to go turbo do so i cannot because of the new rules

but will be going turbo in the future so i am leaving the block stock for the time being

and working the head to be effective as both a n/a and a forced induction head

thus the cam is mild

.8 mm copper head gasket to slightly raise comp.

it is a work in process but when it is done i will post the whole build

where to get parts and how to install them etc and a dyno sheet showing results

best of luck with it mate.

Harry

thanks mate thats good have u herd of many going turbo ? if so how long will it last b4 it goes boom is it worth it please ne info would be great and also on 4age turbos what kind of power they getting also how do u go about oil lines feeds and water feeds for the turbos

thanks