4Ag-Ze

hey ive got a ae92 1992 model with the supercharged 4age...lately the eng light has come on and it just wont rev/drive properly..ive had mechanics look at it and they can't find codes but one today said it feels like its in limp mode? if anyone has come across this before let me know...or what can i look at myself? i was told the sensor inside the air box had been permanently disconnected? is that bad?

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

well aren't toyota a bunch of smarty pants! B)

:laff:

Yeah, admittedly it's basic/crude in comparison to modern-day systems (i.e some BMW's have deleted the engine oil dipstick & rely on the computer to tell you when it's at the correct level :blinks: I thought telling you when it needs a service & what it needs doing was nuts) but it has saved me a few headaches & lots of running around with a muiltimeter :y:

:laff:

Yeah, admittedly it's basic/crude in comparison to modern-day systems (i.e some BMW's have deleted the engine oil dipstick & rely on the computer to tell you when it's at the correct level :blinks: I thought telling you when it needs a service & what it needs doing was nuts) but it has saved me a few headaches & lots of running around with a muiltimeter :y:

euro is another kettle of fish.. but simple i just recieved the adapters for most euro cars.. easy for codes.