Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Incoming!!!

Featured Replies

Howdy all,

 

Well, this year it's my turn to head over to Adelaide for the family Christmas & honestly, I was doing my best to avoid going. Was really looking forward to getting stuck into the car & using every bit of time I had available (Christmas has been meaning less & less to me over the years, seriously sick of seeing crap in shops before Halloween.../end rant), however females being females I had the guilt trip put on me. Not just by my mother & sister, but her mother-in-law & grandma-in-law...whos name completely escapes me! :blush:

 

I'm not 100% on which days I'll be over, am yet to book my bus seat (cheaper & easier in the grand scheme than flying) but looking at arriving on Saturday 24th & depending on how my sister goes with booking a kayak trip, probably heading back on Tuesday 27th. Whether I'm arriving/departing in the AM/PM on those days I'm not sure, will update when I do.

 

Just wondering if anyone would like to catch up for a beer/non-alcoholic beverage or a quick cruise if you're not already busy with your own Christmas plans? Contemplating a cunning plan to bring my pushbike with me so I'm not asking for a taxi service here, I can make my own way around the place lol. Probably know my way around there better than eastern Melbourne!

PM when you have some set dates, and we'll orgainise some thing :yes:

 

We have the Jaffs cruise on, on the 26th. Reports of 1200+ cars this year :dance:

 

I bussed it from Adelaide to Stawell once, to pick up my ute. Worst bus ride ever!

  • Author

We have the Jaffs cruise on, on the 26th. Reports of 1200+ cars this year :dance:

 

:o

 

I'm in for this! :yes:

 

The dates are looking pretty good, might be driving Blue Thing over now, depends on how I go getting someone to look after my dog. If I can't, I'm bringing him with me! :D

Edited by carbonboy

  • Author

Well it's a no-go on finding someone to dog-sit for me, so will be servicing Blue Thing, loading her up, strapping the dog in the front seat & hitting the Western Highway! :D Memories are coming flooding back, only no dfunkt as a co-driver this time! :wink:

 

Dates I'm looking at are:

Friday 23rd - Leave Melbourne, midnight-ish.

Saturday 24th - Arrive Adelaide in the AM & reorientate myself. Free for whatever, once I've coffee-d myself up will be looking to kill time until I HAVE to go see family. :wink:

Sunday 25th - Family Xmas stuff, booked in all day to my knowledge....brunch, lunch & dinner! :blinks:

Monday 26th - Going to see Tintin movie with sister at some point during the day as I've heard the Jaffs Cruise doesnt start until 6.30pm, other meetups(?).

Tuesday 27th - Kayak trip from 10am-2pm, other than that not much :wink:.

Wednesday 28th - Heading home early AM.

 

PM me for my mobile number if you're bored & want to say g'day/let me see your Rolla/Ride in person & not just in photos. :)

Edited by carbonboy

  • Author

I should add, I can also act as a parts courier for people who want to buy items in Victoria & save some cash on postage/courier or for those large/unpostable items eg gearboxes, engine blocks, crossmembers etc. Make sure to PM me first to make sure I have room, no PM, no luck! :yes:

 

Please note that I WILL NOT have anything to do with the actual purchase of any items for people, I will merely be the pickup & drop off service. Anything I pickup must be fully paid for beforehand, otherwise it stays put. I will not be demanding payment for this (donations are accepted though :P ) & would prefer not to have to go too far out of my way to some obscure place, if you could meet me somewhere convenient for both parties that'd be great! :)

 

Edit: I can't take whole cars, I'm driving a hatchback, so let's work with that. :cool:

Edited by carbonboy

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Last chance for any takers is Friday. :)

  • Author

*WARNING*

 

I'm now headed westbound, not as early as I'd planned but them's the breaks! :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.