Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Suspension & Brakes

Featured Replies

I've just got a few Q's about suspension and brakes, as I've been reading about for the past 2 week and think I have confused my self. I've got some Sigma LCA's and I'm considering purchasing some AE86 coilovers from Import Monster do they need to have the spindles on them? and I heard its just a matter of drilling the top hat holes out or swapping them with the KE ones and xt130/ae86 steering arms. Also I'm a bit confused with the tierods do the KE70 ones work or do I just use KE30 or RA40 etc. Finally with Hilux/Peugot brake upgrade do i need the xt130 Corona hubs if I'm using AE86 coilovers as every just says use Corona struts.

 

Did i forget anything retarded as well.

Cheers For the help :)

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

Ummm, I could be wrong here, but if you want to do the Hilux/Pug thing then I think AE86 struts would be the wrong ones to get. They're generally expensive and the hubs are most likely wrong for what you want to do. The hubs will likely put the rotor in the wrong spot for the disc that is used with that conversion. Also it's designed on a particular caliper bolt spacing that AE86 struts do not have. Look up the threads on toymods about it, that will tell you everything. I believe top hats will bolt into late KE70's that have the oval holes in the strut tower, but the early ones you will need to fix by drilling or swapping hats. Swap hats if you can, it won't look as bad if you get pulled over. You will need longer steering arms if you going to use sigmas. KE30's should be OK.

  • Author

Ummm, I could be wrong here, but if you want to do the Hilux/Pug thing then I think AE86 struts would be the wrong ones to get. They're generally expensive and the hubs are most likely wrong for what you want to do. The hubs will likely put the rotor in the wrong spot for the disc that is used with that conversion. Also it's designed on a particular caliper bolt spacing that AE86 struts do not have. Look up the threads on toymods about it, that will tell you everything. I believe top hats will bolt into late KE70's that have the oval holes in the strut tower, but the early ones you will need to fix by drilling or swapping hats. Swap hats if you can, it won't look as bad if you get pulled over. You will need longer steering arms if you going to use sigmas. KE30's should be OK.

 

Cheers for the help mate I'll look it up. Do you reckon it would be easier/cheaper to just use corona struts and get some coilover sleeves for it. The car is going to be track only so police aren't a problem for once :dance:

That depends on a hell of a lot. What do you want to achieve? If you go AE86 there are quite a few brake upgrade kits around the place and you can put on fancy 4 spot calipers and get light hubs etc. If you go XT130 then you're limited to the RA60 upgrade (I think) or Hilux unless you make custom brackets etc. These are either two pot (I'd have to check), or 4 pot and quite heavy. It also depends how much you want to spend!

  • Author

Well I'm just building a cheap and cheerful drifter but doing things properly ei not choppies lol. So I think I'll go down the corona route as anything with AE86 is 10 times more expensive. Thanks again mate! cleared a lot of stuff up.

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

I have seen a decent brake upgrade on a ke36 it was cressida struts, falcon hubs and rotors and I am pretty sure hilux calipers, stopped a 3rzT 36 wagon pretty quickly

 

Sigma lca's will give you like 2-4 degrees camber, and then if you put camber tops onto it that will add more again :), then get some 86 steering knuckles, ra60/65 rack ends and a lock spacer and it will have heaps of lock and camber and will have that awesome look :)

  • Author

I ended up getting really good deal on ra60 struts brakes etc so I'm going to use those. Still trying to find Sigma LCA's it seems like a mission to get them. I've got the ra60 rack end I believe. Going to order rack spacer from AJPS soon and same with camber tops/coil-over sleeve. What else should I do to improve the lock, Will the 86 knuckles go with ra60 stuff or can I shorten the ones I got or is that dodgey ?

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

You can shorten them but I'd advise it for track only use, plus you gotta find someone to weld them back together, and I'm not sure what material they are

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.