K50 Issues

Jayske

Hi all, I'm new to rollaclub, and I hope this hadn't already been covered. I have a ke70, 4k, was auto when I got it, but put a k50 in that I got from a wreck in the bush, this box went fine for about 50,000 ks, then started to whine in all gears except 4th ( I'm guessing this is because 4th is 1:1, so shouldn't have to go through the counter shaft?). I put another k50 in, which doesn't make any noise, but occasionally decides it won't go into 1st, 3rd or 5th, but can always get 2nd, 4th and reverse. I can't imagine there'd be much wrong with either box, prob a bearing in one, and a shifter pro in the other? Has anyone else had this prob ( the shifting problem), or heard if it, and can it be fixed easily?, any info would be much appreciated :)

Members dont see this ad

i once dcropped a small nut down the shifter hole without realiseing and thought the box was stuffed because it woudlnt go into 1st or 3rd at times, worth a look lol

Yeah hopefully that's all it is, when it does it, it locks out all those three gears, then when it decides to come good, they all work perfectly again, so maybe if there's something in there that's bouncing around?