Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trying To Find My Old Ke70!

Featured Replies

Hey all,

 

I had a white 83 KE70 flat front, 4 speed 4kc with around 160k on the clock, small amount of damage on the front left 1/4 panel, and an almost immac blue interior. Traded it in at an essendon car dealership around September 2010, number plate at the time was BTD591. Anyone here buy this car? Or know what happened to it?

 

Any info would be freakin sweet!

 

Nick

A bit more info and a pic!

 

The name of the trader was 'the car stop' - haven't called them but I dare say they would have moved it onto a wholesaler (hopefully not a wrecker) pretty quickly. It had the original RHS mirror removed (and the holes filled with clear auto silicone) and instead had a couple of cheap autobarn spec mirrors. I had replaced the console with a brown one from an AE71 with a lid, and painted it black, as well as, from memory a cheap pioneer head unit and some 4" pioneer speakers in the standard positions.

 

Like I said, if anyone knows who owns this car, or what happened to it i'll be stoked.

 

Pic (prior to dint in LHS 1/4 panel and mirrors):

image0055kf.jpg

Edited by NickKE70

Hi Nick,

 

Looked like a tidy little ke70 you had, pity you traded in. Not many se trim levels ones kicking about, yours is the 4th se Ive heard of in Melbourne. Ive got an identical one built in 82 with similiar rego. I can't say Ive seen yours before as over the years ive had a wondering eye for similiar cars.

 

Is the dealer whom you traded it to still in operation? While its highly unlikely they'll you where it went its always worth a try.

 

Check your messages too ;)

Edited by Ben-89

Yeah they still trade, I might give them a call on Monday. Good to know it was still registered at some stage this year, hopefully its still around the north and I can find the current owner! Would be awesome to get her back.

 

Thanks for your help so far Ben you're a champ :)

Hi Nick,

I remember looking at this car in the yard, was very clean, black dash looked neat and I always wondered what car the gear knob was from? It was bought for $1700 by a local guy.

 

Good luck with your search :)

Justin

Cheers for that Justin. I always thought the gear knob was standard KE70, but from memory it definitely had the 4 speed shift layout on it, so if not KE70 must have been something similar from the same era. I think I'll give the yard a call tomorrow on the off chance the dealers personally knows the guy that bought it and can pass my number on. Would be great to get her back!

 

Thanks again

Nick

So I just gave the dealer a call, he remembers the car, and he sold it to a bloke who responded to one of thier trading post adds. He was pretty sure he sold it as traded, but unfortunately has changed databases so doesn't have a lot of the old contact details from previous customers! Doh!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.