Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Car Misses And Jerks Foward

Featured Replies

Hey all..

 

My car misses and is exactly the same as described here..

 

Quote:

For the past few months I have had a problem with my 2001 Toyota Corolla (manual) sputtering and jerking when I start out and in low gears. I can press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and it doesn't seem to make it go. Also, the rpms drop and the car nearly shuts off. However, once I get going, everything is fine its usually just when I am first accelerating or when I am in low gears and/or stop and go. I have my fuel injection system cleaned and my spark plugs changed but this did not solve the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

 

 

( Link for this : http://www.obdii.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002760.html )

 

Any suggestions, mechanic couldnt fix it.. he changed the fuel filter and HT leads..

 

Ive changed : Spark plugs, thermistat, HT cap, Coil.|

 

Help please.

 

Note: only does it when warmed up

Try going easier on the clutch? Won't fix the problem but it'll make it easier to deal with and won't be too jerky.

 

Possible solutions:

My mate had a problem that sounds similar to this, and it was his Air Idle Control (AIC) in his Lexcen. Could also be a dirty throttle body, though that should just make your car go slower. Check your air filter and make sure your air box is closed properly and there's no dirt or crap through it (assuming you have a stock air cleaner and not a pod or such).

 

It really shouldn't have those problems being such a new car, but anything's worth a shot if it could sort your problem.

 

Hope you nail it soon

  • Author

Brand new Heavy duty clutch, don't thinks it would matter :P

 

Its an old car 1990, ae92 FXGT corolla..

 

I have a pod on it.

I have the same problem on my starlet gt powered corolla ii gp turbo, I believe its a tuning problem with the air/fuel ratio's.

I assume your running a 4age? have you played with the air/fuel ration screw on the trottle body?

 

my car did this and I thought it could of been water in the fuel tank so I did the old metho trick, but still the same result, check your ignition leads see if any of them could be arking or even the condition of your dizzy.

 

I still haven't worked out my cars problems as its off the road and hasn't been driven for a really long time.

 

possible problems:

fuel lines

ignition

air/fuel delivery

injectors (I tried injector cleaner but to no success)

clutch shattered/cracked (maybe?)

damaged ecu

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.