4Age Spark Issue. Pls Help

Kowan

Hey guys I have recently put a 16v 4age into my ae71 wagon. It was running fine in previous car and after I converted it was running in my wagon. But recently it has had strange on and off sparking issues. The timing is currently out but that a side I have taken the lead out of the dizzy center and grounded it on the head and got spark, then the next day it would have no spark then it would sometimes and currently none again. So I'm thinking its either something failing/on its way out and getting worse or possibly a wire somewhere not partly connected/not doing its job. I put a tester light between the coil positive (which has 12v when ignition is on) and the negative to see if it was earthing and turned the engine over. The tester didn't light up. I was thinking it could be the crank angle sensor in the dizzy so I changed it to one i had sitting around but I'm not 100% sure if that one works either and it was slightly different to the original. The wires seemed to be the same colours so I put them together same as the original and tried the coil pack with the test light again. This time it flashed. I then tested spark out of the coil and it had a fairly yellow spark. But it was something. Started playing around with timing trying to get it right and just couldn't get it to idle. Next day I tested spark again and it was none. I then tested the coil with the test light again and no flashing. I'm wondering if this dizzy is also on its way out or is it something different all together? Any light you can shed on this would be very helpful.

Thanks guys.

Members dont see this ad