March 18, 201412 yr comment_679620 Hey guys I'm new to this forum and not to sure how to find this topic which I'm sure has come up allot but I am wanting to put coilovers in and I need a full list from start to Finnish of what is needed and what mods need to be done if any to get them to fit. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated thanks :) Report
March 18, 201412 yr comment_679624 Coilover options: - Off the shelf - Custom Off the shelf: The only ones that I know of are for AE86s. To fit them you will need (no mods required, just bolt the parts on): - AE86 coilovers - AE86 hubs - AE86 calipers, rotors (ADM or JDM) and caliper mounts - AE86 steering arms Custom: You can use any MacPherson type struts, but you shouldn't use just any MacPherson struts. Do some research on what is most suitable for you. You will need (mods are required(usually)): - Struts of your choice - Everything that directly touches your chosen strut assembly with the exception of the car body (sometimes you don't need to change ball joints or tie rods) - Coilover sleeves with upper and lower spring seats - Coilover springs (you have to choose spring constant K and spring height) - Camber plates or strut tops - Dampers that will fit your chosen struts (sometimes they are available in different lengths) - The ability to weld or to know someone who has the ability to weld Note: you can also make custom coilovers out of AE86 struts, but I think it's a waste of time and money considering that companies like ShockWorks and BC make base height adjustable setups for the AE86. Also making coilovers out of KE70 struts is an even bigger waste of time and money. Edited March 18, 201412 yr by rian Report
March 18, 201412 yr Author comment_679635 Thanks so much for that, I didn't really know where to start, sounds easy enough now :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now