Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Nsw] Fs: Sti Powered 1998 Subaru Liberty Bilstein Edition

Featured Replies

Seems there's a bit of Subaru love around these parts, so thought I'd chuck this up here. Help fund my KE20!

 

I've owned this car for 9 years and agonised over this decision, but I've now done everything I intended to do with the car, and no longer get much chance to drive it (there's not much opportunity to hit boost between home and the train station).

 

The car started life as a 1998 Subaru Liberty RX Bilstein Edition, but there's not much left that's either RX or Bilstein about it:

  • JDM v7 EJ207 from a 2002 STi - full 100,000km service at Christmas (about 2,000km ago) including water pump, timing belt and all pullies
  • AM Auto v7/gen2 loom
  • Alarm wired into the factory loom by AM Auto
  • Single scroll VF30
  • X-force 3" dump pipe and exhaust into 2.75" fujitsubo diff back
  • v5 STi gearbox - the gearbox code actually matches an STi RA but has no DCCD, don't know what the go is but it's not given any issues what so ever
  • 4.44 rear diff
  • Ogura Racing single disc cerametallic clutch - 2,000km old - bites hard and fast, but still hasn't given the gearbox any grief
  • 02 STi clutch master cylinder
  • Tein GDB coilovers including EDFC - adjust the degree to which you will be pummeled by Australian roads without leaving the drivers seat!
  • GC8 STi carbon fibre strut brace
  • Whiteline adjustable rear swaybar
  • Whiteline HD swaybar links
  • 2006 Gen 4 GT spec B brakes (316mm up front, 280? mm in the rear)
  • Braided brake lines
  • 2006 GT spec B wheels
  • Near new (2,000km old) Falken tyres - they're good rubber, but I can't remember what they are right now
  • 2002 STi front seats
  • 2003 STi rear seats - have a ski port so you can still lug long stuff around
  • STi duracon shift knob
  • Gen 2 turbo bonnet
  • Gen 2 GTB projectors
  • D2S HID projector conversion running 4,300k Phillips globes - these are proper HID projectors, not standard gen 2 projectors with a HID conversion
  • Walbro fuel pump
  • Registered till November

 

The down side, as you'll see from the pictures, is that one door is the wrong colour. There was a misunderstand with a concrete pillar whilst parking one day, and the rear drivers side door got mauled. I replaced it with a silver door from a GX with the intention of having it resprayed, but am struggling to find the time.

 

If you are handy with a spray gun, or have a mate that is, then this is your opportunity to grab a bargain. If I don't get any interest in the current state, then I'll be booking it in to get sprayed and will be putting the price up accordingly.

 

The body is otherwise in a pretty good state, although both the front and rear bumper have paint peeling off thanks to people touch-parking. I've resprayed the front bumper twice already so this is fairly unavoidable. The bumpers will be resprayed with the door if it doesn't sell before then.

 

The car is really a pleasure to drive. It handles fantastically well, is stupidly quick (from my perspective... if you're used to 400kw Skylines I guess it wouldn't seem that fast) but still cruises comfortably on the highway (cruise control is present and working). I already miss driving it, but I have a new project and this thing's taking up my entire garage.

 

 

Because of the mismatched door and patchy bumpers, I'm asking $6,500.

I'm not going lower than that, and I have no interest in swapping for anything at all, so please don't bother asking.

 

20140824_152248.jpg

20140824_152242.jpg

20140824_152047.jpg

20140824_152105.jpg

20140824_152117.jpg

20140824_152130.jpg

20140824_152138.jpg

20140824_152202.jpg

 

20140824_145733.jpg

20140824_144820.jpg

20140824_144724.jpg

20140824_144708.jpg

20140824_144737.jpg

20140824_144747.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.