New Member Qld

Bueno

Gday,

Ive just joined up after buying a one owner brown Ke70 sedan off an old lady, true story! She wanted the thing gone as she can no longer drive and I felt sorry for her and kind of like the car.

Its an 85 i think, brown, auto probably a 4k motor. Its has surprisingly tidy for its age with 2 small spots of rust and is completely original down to the receipt in the glovebox from when she bought it new!

Plans at this stage are to throw a set of old style rims on it,( maybe jellybeans, hotwires or minilites) possibly a manual conversion and either warm up the engine or convert to a larger one.

Basically i just want to make it a little more fun to drive?

Anyway Ive had fun reading around the forum, will post pics soon,

catch yas lata

Jes

Edited by Bueno

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Anyway heres a pic of the brown and the beautiful :) . I drove this home possibly unregistered from the 85 yr old ladies place this arvo, thanks to the fellas who helped me out with the ballast resistor solution! The drive home was the stuff of dreams, 1.3 litres of untamed power combined with seamless gearchanges from the auto! Actually the drive reminded me a lot of my mums 120y i learned to drive in years ago.

20150315_162336.jpg

And heres some goodies i bought for the corolla this weekend: I drove an hour to look at a 4age package but it wasnt complete enough for my liking so I bought these instead from the same guy.

20150313_134402.jpg

$100 special 13x6 1/2" Jelly beans, ah from the good old days!

So Ive kind of decided to go the old school carb/cam and exhaust route in pursuit of noise and negligible performance increase :P

20150314_075212.jpg

These were a bit more than the wheels but just as neccessary, twin 40mm dellortos. Theyre on a datto manifold but were a good price, now to make them fit. I'm not sure whether they will end up on the mighty 4k, or maybe some other kind of motor if something pops up, regardless of donk they are going on the Ke70.

Jes