Broke It

Toddski

Hi All,

If anyone noticed a rather forlorn looking Corolla with the bonnet up on Pialligo Ave this morning - that was me. Going through the roundabout at the airport there was an almighty bang, then clang clang clang. Figured the dodgy passenger side CV had finally gone. Was surprised to see it was the drivers side - the shaft has seperated from the gearbox output shaft flange. Luckily reasonably low speed so not too much damage from the looks of it - could get away with new shaft or possibly also need new gearbox output shaft.

Anyway, car has been towed to the RollaClub ACT workshop of choice (Pharley's) and Thomo is going to take a look at it for me. Be kind Thomo. 8-)

Guess I was lucky it happened today walking distance from work - car normally only gets used to run the kids out to the grandparents in Royalla on Thursdays - that would have been a pain in the butt.

The annoying thing is I'd just put the entry forms in for this Sunday's hillclimb - somehow don't think it'll get fixed in time. Guess I'll have to go to the QBN swap meet instead to get my car fix this weekend.

Cheers,

Todd

Members dont see this ad

Yep, I'd still like a 4AGE powered KE70/AE71... And I'm still resisting the temptation for another project...

So I'll stick to the AE82 for now - Thomo reckons it'll be ready for pick up this arvo, so it'll be thrashed around the track on Sunday after all.

Wonder what I can break then... :D

Anybody coming along on Sunday come say g'day to the bloke in the White Rolla with the RollaClub sticker and the lighter wallet. :)

And if anyone has a line on some cheap 15x6 (or 6.5)" rims to suit the Rolla available locally I'd love to hear from them, looking to get some track day Falken's to save the road tyres. Not too fussed on looks, etc - prefer something light like factory alloys not bling.

Cheers,

Todd

4 x 100 with I think +39 offset. Lots of FWD cars have this PCD, and I think early MX5 wheels will fit as well.

Picked up the car this morning, so all systems go for Sunday. Just need to give the engine bay a good clean to get rid of the rest of that stinking CV grease...

Thanks guys, I'll add those to the list of wheels to watch for on forums/Ebay.

What a filthy day Sunday was weather wise! Still, I had heaps of fun, and got into the 57 sec bracket which was my aim (best time so far in the Rolla of 57.98). Only had one wettish run - rain was so variable. Some other drivers had pretty major moments but no-one bent anything as far as I know.

A couple of people commented that my car has a lot of body roll. Guess those KYBs and Lovell's springs weren't the best choice. Unfortunately stuck with them for now - maybe have to control body roll a bit with sway bars?

Anyway, fun day and nothing else broken.