Everything posted by ecoimpact
-
Corolla Cs-x Alloy Restoration Query
A bloke is interested in the alloys and wants to know if they will fit a Ke11??? I thinking not...but I don't know.
-
Funny Story By Stupid
lol. Woops....anyone want a free KE70 fuel tank, comes with pre-punctured hole in top for extra ventilation!! Cheers Jesse
-
Funny Story By Stupid
I will, but I was going to sell the tank, might have to give it away now! I'll let you all know when I drop it. Yeah I used a special tool and hammer to punch the hole, didn't like the thought of electrocution, but I'm wrecking my car as front chassis is screwed so not too worried.
-
Funny Story By Stupid
So, the stripped KE70 is sitting outside with arse high in air and wheel well getting full of water and some cluey guy gets the brainy idea to drain the water. Hey what do you know, that fuel tank is pretty close to the wheel well after all....lol Have yet to remove, but 99% certain I could hear the water dripping through the hole into the tank. Didn't really think this was technical query, so is it worthwhile repairing??? Yours truly, stupid!
-
Corolla Cs-x Alloy Restoration Query
Thanks for that The overrated KE70....I think I'll be too short on time to do so myself, but its good to know the process to pass onto prospective buyer. PM you about brochure too. Philbey - With the price you mentioned to get repaired professionally, I think I'll have to reconsider the rims value 'in the mind of a prospective buyer', possibly add them into the sale of another item. I know more about HZ holden stuff/values. These are my mean GTS reconditioned mags sitting in front of the wheel, 500 odd bucks just to buy 4, surprisingly the condition is one of the best I've ever seen of a rim, no scratches/pits, good respray....one day I might put them on lol Thanks for your comments. EDIT: I was a car detailer for an auction house and just a word of warning engine degreaser (red is really strong, yellow not so strong) will strip the clear coat off the wheels and also make the clear coat go white, don't use it!!!!!....suppose the previous owner of my rolla alloys tried to clean them this way.
-
Corolla Cs-x Alloy Restoration Query
alright thanks man. I'm just curious as I am wanting to sell them and would be nice to pass on the information onto potential buyers. Jesse
-
Corolla Cs-x Alloy Restoration Query
Hey guys, I've got some alloys which are in need of some restoration, just curious if anyone has had this done before and if so, did you get them done professionally or yourself and what were the associated costs. Cheers Jesse
-
Best Way To Remove Boot Hinges/brackets
Thanks redwarf. Thought I'd replied already. I'm thinking of giving it a shot. Do you know where I could buy one from? Cheers Jesse
-
Id Mags Please
Cool, thanks. Found some pics of them on google, there are also some cool looking shoes that go by the same name....might have to buy me some new treads for my feet once I sell the mags. :dance:
-
Whats This Called?
I couldn't remember where I took it off from, had spent the whole day and night dismantling the dash and wiring loom... and I was kinda looking abit like this :dance:
-
Whats This Called?
That makes sense.
- Whats This Called?
-
Slanty Front Or Flat??
Arrggh...I was thinking slanty myself! lol
-
Best Way To Remove Boot Hinges/brackets
Hey fella's, I was planning on selling the boot with the hinges and stuff, although I hadn't actually realised they are spot welded on. Whats the best way to get them off? cheers Jesse
-
Slanty Front Or Flat??
Oh come on man, I'm know more about my HZ holdens than corolla's. lol
-
Slanty Front Or Flat??
I was wondering if my car is a flat front or slanty? and how do you tell? Cheers Jesse
-
Id Mags Please
Thanks dude. PM'd ya
-
T50 Removal
Thanks Trev, I had some diagrams of a T50 and hadn't actually double checked the difference until you mentioned it.
-
T50 Removal
Pics of the engine and gear box which I removed from the car today. I had to cut the exhaust off near the engine, as its bolts were very rusted.
-
Id Mags Please
Yeah ok, that does sound kind of stupid, what I meant was the brand of mag i.e. hot spokes or GTS mags etc; not brand of manufacturer
-
T50 Removal
I've taken out an engine from my HZ holden van before, but the 4kc engine doesn't have very many places to put large bolts to hoist up, so I just put a couple in the bell housing and looped a thick bike lock around the hook ontop of the engine a couple of times. Engine was a pain in the butt to take out compared to the HZ. But got it out nevertheless. I was still struggling to get the box off even after I had the engine removed, the two metal dowels were fairly tight, no rust, but alot of grease. Eventually got it off by wriggling it up and down. Then gave the T50 a good clean, came up pretty good too. Thanks for the advice guys.
-
T50 Removal
Hey guys, I'm dismantling the car for wrecking and I have taken off the gear lever (its a manual), got all the bolts off the bell housing to engine, removed the tailshaft, disconnected all the associated wires connected to the box along with cables and such, but I can't for the life of me work out how to get the box to come off. I've shaken, pulled and shaken together, also jacking up the box from the side. I'm pretty sure its in neutral, if that matters, and I vaguely remember having a similar issue when I was trying to remove my cars original 4 speed box and the one from the donor car 4 odd years ago. The whole engine is pretty much ready to come out, as I'd previously unbolted that over a week ago and had grinded off the nose cone/radiator support to make it easy to take out the engine without smashing a good windscreen. Anyone know what the problem is and any tips? I'll probably end up putting a couple of bolts onto bell housing/engine and dragging the engine hoist out tomorrow to take whole thing out. Cheers Jesse
-
Id Mags Please
I'm about to sell 4 on ebay, don't like selling certain things unless I know a bit about them.
-
Id Mags Please
Nah? lol....you know your not gonna be able to stop yourself from going back out to the shed when I tell ya its on the inside wall stamped in one of the hollow parts of the ribs, there are several different codes....but there is no brand name, only saw TOTOTA, some numbers and the rim size. You'll be able to see it if you have tyre on or not, but might need a wet rag to clean dirt away.
-
Id Mags Please
They look pretty mean, you should get one for your spare once your on the road