N/a 12a In A Ke55

mastis

hi, i'm new to this site, just bought a ke55, and want to do this up as my project car... i want to put a n/a carby 12a into it. i was wondering if this is possible? and what engineering needs to be done to put it in???

i have been told that a 12a motor and gearbox will fit in(with the rx7 engine mounts) and bolt up to the rolla housing.. and what diff is the best and easiest to fit???

any help is greatly appreciated

Members dont see this ad
hi, i'm new to this site, just bought a ke55, and want to do this up as my project car... i want to put a n/a carby 12a into it. i was wondering if this is possible? and what engineering needs to be done to put it in???

Ring an engineer. We can tell you "yep, all good" or "Nope, not a hope", but until you talk to an engineer or your local regulatory body, you will not have a definitive answer.

i have been told that a 12a motor and gearbox will fit in(with the rx7 engine mounts) and bolt up to the rolla housing.. and what diff is the best and easiest to fit???

any help is greatly appreciated

I've been told the moon is made of cheese, but that doesn't mean it is. I doubt very much that anything in this conversion is bolt in. Buy a tape measure, a note pad and a pen. Start drawing and measuring. Should be able to work it out in an hour or so.

A diff? T-series or hilux. Take your pick. Both will require mods to fit.

ok.. iv'e changed my mind now about the rotor.. i am probably going to go a ca18det.. any 1 put 1 in??

is much involved in the conversion? like gearbox crossmember, and what about enginge mounts.. and does the s13 gearbox work??

thanks guys

1: Please use complete words, and don't shorten SMS style. We don't charge by the letter.

2: A number of people have done it in here, search the engine conversions or members rides section.

Search button is your friend.

since this is open,

id like to no whats involved in doing this conversion to a ke25... i tried to search but couldnt come up with much...

what do you need to do in the way of cross members and mounts? do you need a custom tailshaft? does the tunnell need to be modified?

any info would be great thanks....