Corolla Ii Vac Setup

Ni_Slo

Excuse the crude 'painted' diagram, but heres my current vacuum setup on my 3e-te powered corsa. This is how I bought the car and I dunno if it's right. Can anyone confirm or explain the correct setup?

At the moment the vaccuum is coming from the plenum via a large vacuum hose into a screw in/out adjustable diaphram that also screws into the side of the plenum. From there, the lower smaller hose from the dipahram splits from a 't' piece to a round looking sensor thing ( it has a single electrical wire leading away from it) and also to the upper vacuum point on the vacuum sensor on the far left of the engine bay. The lower vacuum point from the sensor on the left hand side of the bay then leads to the upper point back over on the diaphram.

By the looks of it this it what increases the revs, when the motor is under slight load (ie. when the lights are on, the cabing fan is on and the stereo is blarring away).

At the moment when my headlights are on and the fan is going the revs drop way down and almost stalls. Is this becuase of the incorrect vacuum setup ?

Thanks guys and gals :) post-2-1096261993.jpg

Members dont see this ad