Shaky Steering Wheel At Certain Speed????

DoAwEe

oh yes, of course..

safety first..

in contrary to my last post,

and since i have put some new rims,

and tyres on my car, i am recieving

a somewhat shaky steering wheel

when traveling between 55 and 60 ks

due to it being unbalanced i presume.

Members dont see this ad
oh yes, of course..

safety first..

in contrary to my last post,

and since i have put some new rims,

and tyres on my car, i am recieving

a somewhat shaky steering wheel

when traveling between 55 and 60 ks

due to it being unbalanced i presume.

All new tyres should come balanced.. It's why my work does anyway?.. So I assume most places would do it too?

Unless you did it yourself of course..

Edited by WinKE55

All new tyres should come balanced.. It's why my work does anyway?.. So I assume most places would do it too?

Unless you did it yourself of course..

Knowing the practices employed by some tyre and mechanical shops out there, sometimes this means nothing. Some fitters never balance wheels properly, and if you're using cheap rims and/or tyres, and stick on weights in some cases, you have buckleys chance of getting the balance spot on

Edited by Rollaboy2608

The stick-ons depend on how good you clean the wheels and press them onto the wheel.

I don't think anyone made mention of centre bore rings... for those who don't know, they sit over the disc/drum centre hub and fill the gap between the hub and wheel centre hole. If its nice and tight you get no wobbles.

I fail to see where I was incorrect, the wheel studs/nuts sole purpose is to keep the wheel on the car, its the centre bore that keeps it in place, that where all the weight is meant to placed.

If you don't have centre bores the wheels will move around regardless of how much they are done up and they won't align perfectly to begin with. If the wheel sits slightly towards 1 wheel stud, that means its further away from the opposite stud therefore when the one it is closest to Is nearest to the ground it won't be at the same level as the other 3 wheels, each wheel will have it own high and low point, they won't be equal and therefore the car will be bobbing up and down at different times at each corner or the car and when you are doing speeds in excess of 80km/h that will make a difference.