Ae95 Engine/workshop Manual

RED-ROD

Gday to who ever may be reading.

I have recently obtained 2 COROLLA AE95 wagons. It is hoped that this will be a project to help my son to learn how to fix and appreciate looking after cars. We managed to get 2 identical wagons and was thinking of making one good one out of two old ones. But it is looking like it could be possible to do both of them up. One of them is not going and not yet sure what is wrong with the motor. But the other is being driven around. But maybe not for long as it is starting to blow smoke. Have been told it is valve stems. So next step is to take the head off and do it up.

The problem that i now have is sourcing workshop manuals so as to get engine specs for the 4A motor.

I would love to hear from anybody who can point me in the right directions to look for such information.

We have only just joined this site so still learning how to use.

My son has read some of the discussions about people are doing to their wagons and is now keen to "improve the handling". I am more into just making the car reliable. :sob:

Looking forward to getting the engine specs and getting into this project.

Cheers............Rod

ps..........have tried to attach a photo or two............just not sure if successful.

post-5407-1206007517.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Gday to who ever may be reading.

I have recently obtained 2 COROLLA AE95 wagons. It is hoped that this will be a project to help my son to learn how to fix and appreciate looking after cars. We managed to get 2 identical wagons and was thinking of making one good one out of two old ones. But it is looking like it could be possible to do both of them up. One of them is not going and not yet sure what is wrong with the motor. But the other is being driven around. But maybe not for long as it is starting to blow smoke. Have been told it is valve stems. So next step is to take the head off and do it up.

The problem that i now have is sourcing workshop manuals so as to get engine specs for the 4A motor.

I would love to hear from anybody who can point me in the right directions to look for such information.

We have only just joined this site so still learning how to use.

My son has read some of the discussions about people are doing to their wagons and is now keen to "improve the handling". I am more into just making the car reliable. 8/

Looking forward to getting the engine specs and getting into this project.

Cheers............Rod

ps..........have tried to attach a photo or two............just not sure if successful.

Hi Rod - welcome to RollaClub.

Looks like the one on the left is a higher spec model than the one on the right. Presumably a CSi or whatever Corolla 4WD's got called. Pretty certain they had 4A-FE's, although some earlier ones might have just had the 4A-F. Either way, manuals will be available from Supercheap/Repco, etc.

If you wanted to drop in a replacement engine, you should chat to Tim (zmit) as he's got an AE92 Corolla Seca for sale with a reconditioned 4A-F. Other engine swaps are possible (and easy to do), like a 4A-GE, either sixteen valve or twenty valve, or a 4A-GZE, which is a supercharged version of the sixteen valve engine. The 7A-FE would also go straight in to give you a 1.8L engine instead of a 1.6L. Probably best just to stick to the stock motor for now though and get it running reliably.

Are they both manuals? Cool if they are, not really an issue if they're not - just comes down to personal preference. Plenty of stuff you could do with these cars though. A supercharged engine in an AE95 would be sweet as you'd get torque and power, and the AWD drivetrain should be able to put it to good use. :cool:

there is a user on here who actually put a black top 20 valve engine in and put down 80awkws which would be a sleeper street weapon auto trans didnt hold up too well tho

the person who owned it put a manual conversion in

i think its in the forsale section atm

Same person spammed this thread. :D It's an interesting idea to have a 20v engine in the AE95, but I don't really think a high revving, small torque band motor is what the AE95 needs. A late model 4A-GZE still revs to 7,000-7,500rpm, but has the torque of a 2.0L engine (200Nm) at 4,400rpm. A blacktop has only 160Nm at about 5,500-6,000rpm.