Torque Converter How To Remove

Richard

Hi I'm doing a manual conversion on my ke55. I am up to the stage where i have to remove the Torque Converter. I can see there is 3 bolts Holding it on to the fly wheel. Do you have to remove the the plate to get to them? Also are these bolts that hold the Torque converter on opposite thread as in do they screw out clockwise? Your Help on this matter would be great thanks guys.

Regards Richard

Members dont see this ad

there is a plastic cover plate at the back of the sump, on the front edge of the bell housing, pop this off, and you have access to the bolts, turn the DRive plate/converter to gain access to each bolt.

they should just unscrew the normal way.

pop it off (the converter) and you'll ahve access to the drive plate(fly wheel).

thanks sammo... got it off!!! hey you know that part that holds the fly wheel on i noticed it was different to the maual engine its the part where the manual gear box shaft goes in on the auto engine it has a cap on it or plug thingy where as the manual engine it has the female spline thing what to do????