Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sc14 Q's

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

I'm new to the whole SC14 game.

I have seen this supercharger on any other cars before and i wanted to give my car a shot.

I'm currently trying to put this on a Ford TX5 V6. but i have a few questions

 

(Sorry if these questions have been asked before, but I looked for three days.. even on other sites but didnt find out much)

 

 

 

First Question. Does it matter what way the pully spins?

-because, it spins both ways, so does it matter what way it spins? I'm sure it goes clockwise?

 

what side is the right side up? (what side is top)

 

IMGP2009.jpg

 

 

Second Question, In the red there are those VAC lines, there are now Three So what do they plumb into? I keep thinking they are the by pass vacs for when the clutch isnt on... but I could be wrong..

Althought the guy i brought it off ebay told me this

 

"vacuum lines coming out of the end plates ARE important. They are used to equalise the pressure on each side of the oil seals. I'm not sure exactly where they are meant to hook up to but ignoring them will result in oil and grease being sucked through the seals and blown out."

 

IMGP2010.jpg

 

I had been told that they should plumbed before the TB?

 

my dad said that they should go into a oil catch can tank xD

 

Hope to get some help!

 

Thanlks Heaps Guys!!

Edited by AXTX

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

  • Author

Thanks,

 

that didnt really explain those vacs lines though.

 

How does it work on the MR2? (etc etc)

 

any ideas?

 

Then how is the 'clutch'ment to work?

The clutch is electro magnetic and is switched on by the computer, I'm sure you could figure out some sort of relay to turn it on/off

  • Author

yeah, i know that it seem easy enought. But i was woundering how the air still flows? since the pully wont be moving?

  • Author

Okay, So I know what way the Pully spins: Clock wise duh. And the outlet and In let.. But now!

 

I still don't know what the vac lines do.

 

Also, what does the bypass valve look like? just like another pipe? IU have seen some ruff sketches of it on twin charge set ups... but still unsure

 

Sorry if this is unclear xD

if you switch off the clutch without using a by-pass,

the vacuum of the engine will just spin the lobes inside the supercharger.

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

  • Author

Thanks Sbox and Brown, Ill look more into tomorro night got study to do atm :)

 

(Looked at the TCCS websites loooks good thanks heaps!)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.