Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke10 Brake An Steering Upgrade

Featured Replies

hey all.

 

I'm new to this forum and have a couple of questions.

ive recently purchased a ke10 which I'm doing a v6 conversion.

i wana adapt some commodore front brakes. not worried about master just disks and calipers

also with the v6 its guna be a little heavy in the steering and may possibly wana put power steering.

has any one out there done this type front end upgrade

i have got alot of it sussed out but thought i would just ask any way.

 

THANKS, Luke

Edited by rbfrog

Dude if your worried about steering I would take that boat anchor out and go for a 4 cycl of some sort.

  • Author

i didnt ask for your oppinion on my conversion f?ck head

  • Author

I'm not trying to make the car handle I'm after some thing with massive torque.

i know there boat ancors, but there reliable. I'm guessing youve never been in a v6 gemini.

so keep your opinions to your self.

does any one have any thing positive to say

Edited by rbfrog

I'm not trying to make the car handle I'm after some thing with massive torque.

 

Why would you worry about upgrading the steering then?

 

I've been in a 10sec 13bt Mazda :D :lol: :D :y: :yes: :lolcry:

iv been in a 12 second mazda 1300 with ke11restorer's pants down... hehe

  • Author

ok to start with ke10rolla your a fu#k with.

i want to up grade the steering because its guna be f@$kn heay.

and whats you being in a 10 second mazda got to do with any thing....

Id look at adapting a rack out of something.

 

Ie. Gemini would be a good starting point?

haha you can't come to a car forum and treAT every one like a f@$khead and expect people to help you...your a tool maybe you sell the ke10 and build a v6 gemini and join a gemini forum.

Hay come on fellas no need to get all hostile.

Maybe he’s building a dragster or burnout vehicle and doesn’t need good cornering ability.

I bet it’ll do good wheel stands.

Shut up and stay on topic the lot of you. So someone's opinion doesnt sit with you, bad luck. Just get on with the discussion.

 

I have never seen anyone try a steering upgrade on a 10. Brakes, you could go the usual upgrade to later model corolla discs, but I reckon you'll be after more with the setup you're looking at. Could be a significant bit of work I'd say.

  • Author

thank you rolliac. thats write i am just building a burn out machine there fore not need to go around corners fast. yes it will be driven on the street so i do wana stop.

 

philbey you right, i don't think the usual up grade will be enough for the heavy engine. i would like to use commodore brakes just for the engeniering purposes.

 

yeah i would like to use a power steering set up out of something but as been said previously it is a lot of work, thats why i thought i would ask you guys if any one has done anything like this as you guys would know.

 

ke11restorer, sorry about the name calling. it just pissed me off that people don't know what I'm building, i ask a question and get told to get rid of that boat ancor and put in a 4 cyclinder. for what I'm building a 4banger is the boat. ancor.

 

ke10 rolla your the main person doing the name calling. first you call me a nobb, then I'm a f@$k head, followed by I'm a tool. GO FU@K YOURSELF. get out of my thread if you don't like what I'm building or don't wana help me. all I'm interested in is in help from any one who has done or seen some thing like this or has some good ideas. thats the whole point of car clubs. not interested in hearing from a co!k sucker that just sits back and buts in calling people names.

 

all help is appreaciated.

THANKS, Luke

i'll try and be as helpful as possible.

 

know that i know what the intended purpose is, which should've been the first thing you said, you can either spend +$1000 on an aftermarket kit from the states or a locally put together one that will "bolt up".... or you can custom make brackets and other bits to put commodore discs, hubs, calipers onto the existing struts.

 

regardless of which v6 you're throwing in, steering should still be plenty manageable with the standard setup.

  • Author

thanks dfunkt

with this locally put to geather kit that you said. who does this and what does it consist of. yeah the steering will be managable when moving but when stoped it will be a bitch. i drive a skyline every day and when i got this corolla 2 weeks ago i couldnt believe how heavy the steering when parking in tight spots at low speeds with the 2y (or what ever engine it has)

Edited by rbfrog

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.