3k Power?

Lo'Rolla

hey everyone iv just had my ke20 painted monaro devil yellow and now its time for some engine mods but i wna keep it reasonably cheap....gaskets n bearing etc r only $200 apparently so i'm wondering if i could get any decent power out of about $800-$1000.. i can do most of the work myself but I'm unsure what has been tried and tested....any help would b appreciated cheers !

*ALSO* does any1 kno of any1 who has given a ke20 a targa top? could be interesting I'm definately interested

Members dont see this ad

3Ks are slightly different to 4Ks, so it's a valid question. the best cam for a 3k is a 20-60, but you still won't get the power or torque you'll get out of a 4k or 5k, so it's not worth doing much more to a 3k if you ask me

if you want a quick fix, buy a new timing chain and standard valve springs and get a cam grind and just put it back together. you can even get a thing that lets you change the springs without taking the head off

if you want to spend more than a couple of hundred bucks, start with a 4k or 5k and do it properly with headwork and big valves and a fresh, balanced bottom end. of which there are many topics about building one :D