Air Con

lil_sprinter

Members dont see this ad

I assume that it changes the temp setting so that it doesnt keep kicking in all the time. (ie, the temp that triggers the AC on goes from 20 up to 23 or something like that)

Just because its idling higher doesn't mean the compressor is actually on. You'll still get cold air flowing for a while because the AC evaporator is still cold.

I assume that it changes the temp setting so that it doesnt keep kicking in all the time. (ie, the temp that triggers the AC on goes from 20 up to 23 or something like that)

Just because its idling higher doesn't mean the compressor is actually on. You'll still get cold air flowing for a while because the AC evaporator is still cold.

What about the low rev dropped to almost stalling mate.

Thats cause the a/c is on period. On "econ" mode the a/c turns on and off at set engine revs and set engine vacuum points. At a guess i'd say you've also got a problem with your idle-up valve on the throttle body which would the reason why the motor almost stalls when you turn the air con on