3t/2t Dizzy Internals

godlovesugly

is someone able to take the cap, rotor and that dust plate thing off their 2t/3t dizzy and take a pic for me??

yesterday i went to swap 21r dizzy parts into my 3t dizzy for an upgrade and something wouldnt work and i was in a rush cause i had to go to work so i swapped all the stock parts back into the 3t dizzy but i have this little brown wire thing left over. its a like a piece of twine but it has connectors on the end like a wire. i have no idea where it goes!!!!

Members dont see this ad
It's your earth lead dude..

It goes between the moving plate the points are on to the body of the dizzy..

cheers mate. i ended up going to a wrecker and having a look. the wire in my dizzy was so worn and dirty from oil & dirt that it looked and felt like it was twine instead of wire. i just pinched the wire from the wreckers and she started up first shot..... actually thats a lie, first shot i put the dizzy in 180 out and she backfired real loud and scared the shit out of my neighbour who was washing his car.... second shot it started up first go.

dishedra, from memory it is 0.2mm. i will check the manual tonight and confirm

i was looking through my manual last night and its a US manual, i thought the only differences in their engines and ours was the pollution gear they had but as it turns out they also had electronic dizzys on all 3tc' and the gap i was referring to is the air gap for the signal generator.... so as far as the gap for a points dizzy, i have no idea!! now I'm going to have to find out though so i can set mine correctly so when i get the info i will post it.