Timing

bitter

Funny you should say that. I changed the timing in Haikals car today from +4 to +12 degrees, and it definately feels more torquey and more powerful!

try setting it to 20. the car will feel like it's going to wheelstand when you take off, but you'll be lucky to get it over 105km/h flat to the floor in 4th :thumbsup:

Members dont see this ad
just thinking that you might have to earth out a lead or put the computer in to timing mode before you touch anything, as for changing the timing, you could do more damage than good. i'd stick with what the factory says.

what other mods has the engine had.eg, cam, head work???

changing just the stactic timing won't yield much HP, but you can F**k the engine if you give it too much.

the procedure for checking/adjusting my timing involves jumping a diagonostic connector and hooking a tach to 2 points. its too early right now to rememeber or look it up. I'm not just asking for myself, my friend was wondering also. he has a different car entirely, but more work done to it.