August 22, 200917 yr comment_367848 Hey I have read the cam reamoval replacement thing. but I'm confussed on exactly what to do remove rocker cover remove rocker gear remove pushrods then this is were I'm confused this is were i remove the lifters how can i do this any ideas ? do they come out the top or the bottom do they have to come out ?? after this i understand the rest that aint a problem cheers Bayden Report
August 22, 200917 yr comment_367852 they come out thru the top mate. sometimes they wear in a little which leaves a tiny lip at the top of the lifter bore. an extendable magnetic tool is sometimes useful. The removal of the head will make getting the lifters out alot easier, if the heads not already off Edited August 22, 200917 yr by SLO-030 Report
August 22, 200917 yr Author comment_367931 don't really wanna take he head of seming the cams seconnd hand I'm not goiing to work bout machining them and hope there ok if i can't get them out Report
August 25, 200917 yr comment_368613 its a probability you wont be able to remove the cam without removing the lifters. Once you slide the cam out enough for the lifters to drop off the lobes the cam wont wanna come out any further (or back in for that matter) as the lifter will be up against the next lobe. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now