Rejex Rally

ancullen

Okay Darwin guys, the Rejex Rally is being held on the 30th & 31st of July. This is only a month away. It is now too late for you to enter, but that doesn't stop you from checking out some of the events. I figured I'd let you all know about them now so you can plan which ones you want to check out.

The rally will be started from the carpark at the wharf (near the fish & chips tram) at about 9am on Saturday the 30th. The vehicles will proceed down to Hughes WWII airstrip (past Noonamah on the highway, the turn-off is next to the open speed limit sign) where the first couple of motorkhana events will take place. These are very fun to watch, and I'd encourage you all to come check it out.

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

REJEX RALLY THIS WEEKEND!!!

If you are interested, it will now be starting from Mindil Beach. If you're there from about 8am, you will catch the start, and you can follow us down to Hughes (or all the way to Katherine) if you want. It will be a great event.

On a side note, I had a practice session this weekend just gone, and it was VERY promising. However, to be sure I have a better chance of doing well, I'm considering stripping some weight from the Starlet. And I'm yet to rotate the tyres for the best grip setup.

In case anyone's interested, I need someone to drive along and act as a support vehicle. This will require you to carry our tent, sleeping bags, and spare wheel(s). If you're interested, email me or PM me ASAP.

REJEX RALLY TOMORROW!!!

Starts at Mindil Beach. I've ripped the backseat out of the Starlet (every bit of weight counts), and more importantly I've cleaned out all the junk that had built up in the back seat. Will post pics of the car when she's ready.

Rally track? You use tracks? Up here we just use WWII airstrips!!! :o :) :) Hope my handbrake holds out. :unsure: There are meant to be about 55 entries this year, so it'll not only be a significant milestone event, it'll be the biggest event ever. Plus if I can win (I came second last year) we will break a winning streak that has lasted four years so far. I don't really want to see it go for five years. Plus I should have a pretty good chance, as the guy that has come first for the last four years has sold his HSV Clubsport that he has been using, and supposedly doesn't want to hurt his new FPV GT, so he MIGHT be bringing a Mini Moke. Which means we should beat him in the Starlet on the drag strip! :jamie: