February 2, 201016 yr comment_410222 Just wondering if stock 86 calipers will fit onto an ae71? Report
February 2, 201016 yr comment_410236 don't think so. I put ae86 struts with brakes and all into my ae71. the only other part i needed was an ae86 steering arm. I have to ask though why do you want to swap them? Its not really much of an upgrade unless you going to the JDM calipers which take a vented rotor. You would probably see more of an improvement from spending the money on new dot4/5 fluid and some good pads. The bonus of of using the ae86 struts is you can get decent shocks to suit them unlike the ae71 struts. And there is a whole bunch of tried and tested brake upgrades for them also Edited February 2, 201016 yr by cerby Report
February 2, 201016 yr Author comment_410272 Its not thati wanna upgrade. I have ceazed callipers and can get my hands on cheap 86 calipers i just wanted to know if they fit or not. Kinda urgent too because i wanna make driftprac this weekend. Cheers for that man Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_410600 ah bugger i can see the rush then. if you can get the strut and steering arm of the ae86 as well then definitely do that. otherwise I have heard that t18 struts will work but you would probably need the steering arm as well. Report
February 3, 201016 yr Author comment_410665 ah bugger i can see the rush then. if you can get the strut and steering arm of the ae86 as well then definitely do that. otherwise I have heard that t18 struts will work but you would probably need the steering arm as well. yeah i would go the 86 strut and that. But I'm low on cash atm so just looking for some standard calipers. and i wanna skid this car this weekend aha Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now