Put A New Carb On And Now Idle Fluctuates

19914afc

Hey, I put on a new carb from America for my 1991 4afc corolla and fitted it this afternoon and there are 4 vacuum lines that there is now nowhere to go on the carb and there is a thick hose that goes to the charcoal canister that has nowhere to go as well. Also now the idle is funny cause it idles up and down about 100-200 rpm (sounds like it has a massive cam in it lol) ive blocked off all the vacuum lines that have nowhere to go, and the carb is brand new and is jetted for my car. also there is a plug that is different to the old one it has only 2 wires coming from what I think is an electric choke where my old carb had about 4-5 wires I was thinking that I might be able to change the old plug on to the new one and plug it in a see what happens.

will get pics up tomorrow of the new carb.

Members dont see this ad

sounds interesting.

I was going head down the wreckers and get an inlet manifold for 4a-fc. my plan was to get it all blocked up with some of my brothers uber alloy welding skills get my dad to machine up a adapter plate for a 180 holley. I'd get him to fit suitable jets and see how it goes. It would no longer comply to standards for my motor but it would be an interesting combo.

sounds interesting.

I was going head down the wreckers and get an inlet manifold for 4a-fc. my plan was to get it all blocked up with some of my brothers uber alloy welding skills get my dad to machine up a adapter plate for a 180 holley. I'd get him to fit suitable jets and see how it goes. It would no longer comply to standards for my motor but it would be an interesting combo.

there are adapter plates made to fit webbers on this manifold I just chose to buy a NOS standard one cause I am selling the car soon.

there are adapter plates made to fit webbers on this manifold I just chose to buy a NOS standard one cause I am selling the car soon.

Yeah! Neat. It's just that I have a 180 Holley handy! Recently recoed for my Dad's 2T. They don't make em for that. Not all that keen on wasting time on this motor anymore other than keeping it running..... got other plans now.....muahahahaha!

Yeah! Neat. It's just that I have a 180 Holley handy! Recently recoed for my Dad's 2T. They don't make em for that. Not all that keen on wasting time on this motor anymore other than keeping it running..... got other plans now.....muahahahaha!

they also make adapter plates for my 3tc engine (basically a stroked 2t) and if your dads is a 2tg there are a couple of twin sidedraft manifolds on ebay atm.

they also make adapter plates for my 3tc engine (basically a stroked 2t) and if your dads is a 2tg there are a couple of twin sidedraft manifolds on ebay atm.

Yeah he sold it a few months ago but swapped the carbi back to standard before he waved goodbye.

It was a neat job. Even made his own extractors.

post-8643-1272519441.jpg